Wiki Posts
Search

St. Louis Golf

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
St. Louis Golf

Going to be in STL next week on Wed-Fri staying at the Sheraton Westport Hotel. With a 11 month old at home, I get very little golf in, so I'm hoping to play once or twice while out there. Can anyone recommend a nice course somewhat close to the hotel? I could probably handle a 20-25 min drive. Wed I'm free in the afternoon (maybe a twilight somewhere very close), but it looks like it's going to be HOT. Thu/Fri I don't have to be working until 11:30a so I could probably get out for 18 with an early tee time.

Anyone else in the area want to join me?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Ask the hotel for recommendations, of course. Be sure about rental availability. As a lefty, that's been an issue for me away from home.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:03 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Here is a map of the area showing nearby golf courses.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: HHONORS, AA, Delta, Southwest, Avis, Emerald Club
Tapawingo.

On another note there is a neat private course at the St Louis Country Club. It's nearly 100 years old and designed by a godfather of golf, Charles B. Mac Donald. If you know someone with a membership it's worth checking out.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SporkLover
Tapawingo.

On another note there is a neat private course at the St Louis Country Club. It's nearly 100 years old and designed by a godfather of golf, Charles B. Mac Donald. If you know someone with a membership it's worth checking out.
Tapawingo looks perfect, and not too far. Thanks for the suggestion. I had also been looking at Missouri Bluffs, which is a little further out but also looked nice.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Bummer, Tapawingo couldn't get me in until later in the morning and with my tight time window, I don't want to risk showing up for the first tee time and waiting an hour.

Heading to Missouri Bluffs instead. I've also got Wednesday afternoon/evening free. Weather looks terrible for afternoon golf. Is it going to be way too hot to play around 4:30 or 5 on Wednesday?

Also, any good BBQ recommendations? I'll only get to one place while I'm there, so where should it be? I'm a big baby back rib fan, as well as pulled pork and brisket. Was thinking Pappy's or Bogarts, but I don't know about this apricot glaze they have going on at Bogarts. Not a big fan of apricots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.