Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest > Chicago
Sign in using an external account

Old May 8, 12, 8:55 am   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
I've accepted Macy's

Me, I won't even call it Ogilvie Transportation Center - it's still Northwestern Station as far as I'm concerned.
abefroman329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 12, 9:02 am   #17

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by abefroman329 View Post

Me, I won't even call it Ogilvie Transportation Center - it's still Northwestern Station as far as I'm concerned.
90/94 instead of "The Dan Ryan." I hate it when we name things for politicians.
Old May 8, 12, 10:15 am   #18
glg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abefroman329 View Post

<pedant>North Western Station</pedant>
glg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 12, 10:33 am   #19

Chicago the Capital of Illinois: NATO
Quote:
On the 20th and 21st of May Chicago is going to be at the center of attention. More than 60 heads of state and government will meet to discuss crucial matters of security and stability in the Euro-Atlantic area... And so, the leaders of the member nations of the organization created by the 1949 Washington Treaty will meet in the capital of Illinois this time.

<snip>

There was a good reason for this choice. The decision was made by the American president, Barack Obama, who wanted this event to take place in the city he grew up in.
TWA884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 12, 10:59 am   #20
glg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
LOL! That's some brilliant work by NATO.
Old May 8, 12, 12:34 pm   #21

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
"There was a good reason for this choice. The decision was made by the American president, Barack Obama, who wanted this event to take place in the city he grew up in."

?????

Obama was born in 1961 and moved here in 1985. People who are already adults don't start "growing up" somewhere new if they move there.
Old May 8, 12, 3:25 pm   #22
glg

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
"There was a good reason for this choice. The decision was made by the American president, Barack Obama, who wanted this event to take place in the city he grew up in."

?????

Obama was born in 1961 and moved here in 1985. People who are already adults don't start "growing up" somewhere new if they move there.
it you click the link and read the article, that statement was in a video NATO put out. NBC5 story is pointing out the blatantly obvious factual errors in it.
Old May 8, 12, 4:20 pm   #23

Programs: UA 1K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
I've accepted Macy's but just can't do the other two.
I've come to embrace the term Macy's, but only because I don't want to link the abomination that store has become with Marshall Field's in any way.
milepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 12, 12:35 am   #24
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
I've come to embrace the term Macy's, but only because I don't want to link the abomination that store has become with Marshall Field's in any way.
I have a friend who pronounces the name of the State Street Store as "Macky's." All the others are Macy's. I don't know what he thinks he achieves, but he insists.
Old May 9, 12, 6:27 am   #25
Moderator: Chicago & Dining Buzz

Let's try to stick to the topic of this thread, my dear friends.

iluv2fly
Moderator, Chicago
Old May 11, 12, 6:50 am   #26

If you're a plane spotter, Sunday will be the best viewing day to see all the different VIP aircraft parked at ORD. My list has about 60 so far and none will be parked at T5 as to interfere with scheduled operations.

Logistically everyone is praying for clear skies as to get them in, offloaded and the a/c moved in a timely manner.

Monday is the finally briefing before the ClusterF... begins on Friday with our first arrival in the late afternoon.
ords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 12, 12:16 pm   #27

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ords View Post
If you're a plane spotter, Sunday will be the best viewing day to see all the different VIP aircraft parked at ORD. My list has about 60 so far and none will be parked at T5 as to interfere with scheduled operations.

Logistically everyone is praying for clear skies as to get them in, offloaded and the a/c moved in a timely manner.

Monday is the finally briefing before the ClusterF... begins on Friday with our first arrival in the late afternoon.
Will they be over by Signature Flight?
cheltzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 12, 12:42 pm   #28
glg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ords View Post

They run them through the FBO? A bunch of them will be coming domestically anyway from the G8 so they wouldn't need to clear immigration anyway.
Old May 11, 12, 1:59 pm   #29

Programs: UA 1K
Metra has announced their restrictions:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...151099425.html

snip:
Officials said riders traveling from May 19-21 will be allowed to carry only one bag not larger than 15-by-15 inches and four inches deep. No boxes, luggage, backpacks, bikes, food or liquid will be allowed. There also will be a ban on coffee.

Riders also cannot carry any tools, pipes, stakes, wood, weapons, pocket knives and pepper spray on the trains. Banned items cannot be stored at the stations and must be removed or thrown out, Metra said.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz1uap8N53M

Stakes?? Do enough Metra pax regularly carry stakes to warrant a mention by name? Random vampire attacks? I'd also think that lack of coffee could result in a riot rather than the prevention of one!
milepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 12, 6:45 am   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
Will they be over by Signature Flight?
Without giving the store away, almost all VIP, VVIP and support staff flights will have already been precleared. Flights are scheduled a "Slot" time to arrive, offload and then the move the aircraft using a "follow me" vehicle to an assign parking spot.

If you take a look at a runway map of ORD, 32R/14L, 27R and mega hold pad (AF1 will park there) up north are the designated parking areas.

Yes, the FBO area will be used as it gives the easiest access to 190 and the Kennedy.

Normally when AF1 arrives, arrivals and departures stop for a short amount of time. This will happen for him, but it sounds like when any other HoS arrives, it will be business as usual for flight ops.
ords is offline   Reply With Quote