Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD Lounge Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

ORD Lounge Terminal 5

My wife is going from CLE-BKK. She will have 5hr at ORD and she departs from Terminal 5. I would like to buy her a day pass for lounge access. Can someone recommend a airport lounge and where to buy the pass from?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
http://www.ohare.com/PDF/PassengerIn...1terminal5.pdf

That shows lounges for SAS, British Airways, Alitalia, Aer Lingus, JAL, Air France, Korean Air, Swiss and something called the "worldwide VIP lounge".

Please have a look at their websites and let us know who offers the cheapest one day pass for their lounge.

Another thing to consider is that with a 5hr layover, that's plenty of time to head to another terminal (where you'll find lounges from domestic airlines).
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:55 pm
glg

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Another thing to consider is that with a 5hr layover, that's plenty of time to head to another terminal (where you'll find lounges from domestic airlines).
The CLE-ORD flight will come into one of the other terminals, so she could easily hit one of those up as a partner flight. What airlines is she flying?

Double-check it's T5 as well. UA/ANA go out of T1, AA/JAL go out of T3. Asiana, Cathay, and Korean go out of T5.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:02 am

The Wordwide "VIP" Lounge is actually the built out AA lounge which AA doesn't use. This lounge handles several airlines and is located by M10/M11.

Just so you understand, it's exactly the same since it was finished back in 1994. Yeah....
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by glg
The CLE-ORD flight will come into one of the other terminals, so she could easily hit one of those up as a partner flight. What airlines is she flying?

Double-check it's T5 as well. UA/ANA go out of T1, AA/JAL go out of T3. Asiana, Cathay, and Korean go out of T5.
Assuming the OP is correct that the flight leaves from T5, the better thing to do for me would be to do the transfer first, go back through security, and then settle into a lounge at T5. The lounges are past security so all the pax needs to do is walk to the gate from the lounge. Much better, IMHO.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

She is flying coach using AA and Korean Air...I would have loved to get her first class,but I just started the miles and points game..
AA -Cle to ORD 5hr layover to next flight
KE - ORD-ICN 2.5hr layover
KE ICN-BKK

It seems most most lounges in terminal5 do have day passes available from what I found on google. THere is a priority pass for $100 and it will cost you $27 each time to visit. I was thinking of buying my wife AA day pass since they are good for 24hrs and she can hit the ORD and ICN AA lounges.

I think this is best. Do you guys have any other ideas? My wife doesnt think its worth $50 though..go figure I want to make sure she has a nice place to relax while she waits for her flights.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by snugglening
She is flying coach using AA and Korean Air...I would have loved to get her first class,but I just started the miles and points game..
KE ICN-BKK

It seems most most lounges in terminal5 do have day passes available from what I found on google. THere is a priority pass for $100 and it will cost you $27 each time to visit. I was thinking of buying my wife AA day pass since they are good for 24hrs and she can hit the ORD and ICN AA lounges.

I think this is best. Do you guys have any other ideas? My wife doesnt think its worth $50 though..go figure I want to make sure she has a nice place to relax while she waits for her flights.
The wrinkle in this plan is that the Day Pass Rules only allow entry into Admirals Clubs - not partner lounges, and there isn't a Admirals Club at ICN.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:45 pm
glg

KE ICN-BKK
I'm going to agree with milepig's earlier post. Pick one in T5, not the AA lounge in T3. If she uses the one in T3, then she'll have to leave quite a bit earlier to make sure she has enough time to take the train to T5 and then clear security there (leaving some buffer time) vs just going straight to T5 on landing, clear security, then be able to sit in the lounge right up to boarding.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

You guys are awesome for all your knowledge. I own a priority pass but its in my name and I just read the priority pass faq and it does not allow my wife to use it. The other lounges in t5 do not sell day passes online. So she thinks the cost is prohibitive for priority pass. Ill just tell her to maybe pay at the door for lounge access.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, CO, KE
The KE lounge in T5 is nothing special, just a big room of chairs with some snacks and drinks, so factor that into any decision.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
You guys are awesome for all your knowledge. I own a priority pass but its in my name and I just read the priority pass faq and it does not allow my wife to use it. The other lounges in t5 do not sell day passes online. So she thinks the cost is prohibitive for priority pass. Ill just tell her to maybe pay at the door for lounge access.
Not sure if your wife had already flown the trip, but I have to tell you no airline out of T5 sell any lounge pass online or by the door, only US carriers have that practice.

And even if you have priority pass, you probably won't be able to use even if you can, as no other lounges open around the KE flight leaves except KE and JL lounge. And if I am not mistaken, both KE and JL's ORD lounges are not on proirity pass list.

It seems most most lounges in terminal5 do have day passes available from what I found on google.
Which airline you found on google ? Or is it thru priority pass ?

As far as I know, there is none offer for pay access.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Yeah I did notice that. She just chilled out for 5hrs at ORD. I couldnt believe you couldnt buy a day pass for those lounges.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Yeah I did notice that. She just chilled out for 5hrs at ORD. I couldnt believe you couldnt buy a day pass for those lounges.
As I said, only US airlines have this practice, foreign carriers don't do that so that it is less likely to be overcrowded, and keep the experience more premium, selling lounge access devalue those who pay for the ticket come with lounge access or those fly frequently who earn the status with lounge access.

It is the same logic that foreign carriers don't sell upgrade to business class, they would rather leave the seat empty, no packed first and business class every single flight, and less likely run out choice of meal to someone who pay several thousands of dollars for their tickets.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I'm flying Asiana ORD-ICN in April. The lounge that they contract with is SAS. I also have access to the Air France lounge through my Priority Pass.. any thoughts on which one I should try?

FDW
Old Mar 3, 2013, 11:23 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I'm flying Asiana ORD-ICN in April. The lounge that they contract with is SAS. I also have access to the Air France lounge through my Priority Pass.. any thoughts on which one I should try?

FDW
Why not try them both?

The SK lounge is very nice - very similar to their lounges in Europe, but a bit smaller. I have not been to the AF lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.