Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Ohare CTA Station

Can you purchase 3 day passes or at minimum a CTA chicago card
at the Ohare station?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:33 am

Yes you can,

Here's a link to the CTA website with information.

http://www.transitchicago.com/travel...gmachines.aspx
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:18 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Was just at the station today.

There is a machine with just the various daily passes for sale very close to the other machine which sells the regular cards that you can load up with as much $ as you want.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
3-day and 7-day passes are available at certain CTA stations, including O'Hare. 1-day 'Fun' passes are only available at retail outlets, e.g., Jewel and Dominick's stores, Walgreen's and CVS stores, etc.: http://www.transitchicago.com/assets...2011-07-21.pdf.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by legalalien
3-day and 7-day passes are available at certain CTA stations, including O'Hare. 1-day 'Fun' passes are only available at retail outlets, e.g., Jewel and Dominick's stores, Walgreen's and CVS stores, etc.: http://www.transitchicago.com/assets...2011-07-21.pdf.
There are two machines for the 3/7 day passes, one next to the columns each side of the regular machines.

One thing to note is that last time I was there they were both not working (in fact only 1 credit card and 1 cash of the normal machines were the only ones working). All Walgreens sell the special day passes and if you're going to Clark/Lake there is a Walgreens diagonally opposite the entrance.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:19 pm

As I post to most CTA card threads, if you have enough time (let's say a week before you go), just buy your cards online through the CTA website. Free shipping and then you don't have to worry about the machines working or not when you get there.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by wcj1
As I post to most CTA card threads, if you have enough time (let's say a week before you go), just buy your cards online through the CTA website. Free shipping and then you don't have to worry about the machines working or not when you get there.
Thanks! Just purchased online a 1 day Fun Card for $5.75 ( seems like a good deal for my transportation for my overnight ORD Mileage Run )
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
There is always some CTA staff around, so you can ask them which machine to use in case it looks confusing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.