Reload this Page >

T1 to T3 Transfer

T1 to T3 Transfer

Old Aug 8, 2011, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
T1 to T3 Transfer

Hi all,

I tried searching, but the only information I found was from 2006. I am flying UA into Terminal 1 and have 2h30m to make a connection on AA out of Terminal 3. How do I get from T1 to T3? Is there a corridor airside, without needing to clear security? A shuttle bus?

Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.chicagotraveler.com/chica...irport-map.htm
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
See the sticky at the top of this forum.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:43 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by yonajon
Hi all,

I tried searching, but the only information I found was from 2006. I am flying UA into Terminal 1 and have 2h30m to make a connection on AA out of Terminal 3. How do I get from T1 to T3? Is there a corridor airside, without needing to clear security? A shuttle bus?

Thanks!
You can walk airside, or exit and take a train (or walk outside if the weather is good and you need some 'fresh' air). Walking will take about 20 - 30 min, depending on arrival and departure gates.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
Originally Posted by legalalien
You can walk airside, or exit and take a train (or walk outside if the weather is good and you need some 'fresh' air). Walking will take about 20 - 30 min, depending on arrival and departure gates.
Perfect - that's what I needed. Seems like the fastest option is to walk airside, right? Exiting and taking the train and reclearing security could hardly take less than 20 min.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:56 am

If you end up arriving on Concourse C when arriving United, I would consider taking the UA shuttle from T1 to T2, as that will cut off some walking. It is on their map:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1113,00.html

I have never had to wait long, although sometimes there is a bit of a line. At worst case, I have found it to be break even in terms of time vs walking. But you get a quick interesting ride with views of the planes and you have saved a lot of walking, especially if you are arrived at the low C gates.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by yonajon
Perfect - that's what I needed. Seems like the fastest option is to walk airside, right? Exiting and taking the train and reclearing security could hardly take less than 20 min.
Yes. If you arrive at a C gate, walk to B concourse (not baggage claim), turn right, and follow signs to T2, then once you get to T2 follow signs to T3. Alternatively, take a shuttle to T2 and walk from there, as suggested above.

Enjoy! If your flight is on time, you should have plenty of time to walk around and stop at different stores and/or restaurants. There will be a few sit-down places along the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.