Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest > Chicago
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 8, 11, 6:32 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis President's Club
Posts: 458
T1 to T3 Transfer

Hi all,

I tried searching, but the only information I found was from 2006. I am flying UA into Terminal 1 and have 2h30m to make a connection on AA out of Terminal 3. How do I get from T1 to T3? Is there a corridor airside, without needing to clear security? A shuttle bus?

Thanks!
__________________
TripIt
yonajon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 7:36 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,481
http://www.chicagotraveler.com/chica...irport-map.htm
sonofzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 11, 7:56 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 9,075
See the sticky at the top of this forum.
milepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 11, 7:43 am   #4
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Diamond, Ma:rriott Gold
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonajon View Post
Hi all,

I tried searching, but the only information I found was from 2006. I am flying UA into Terminal 1 and have 2h30m to make a connection on AA out of Terminal 3. How do I get from T1 to T3? Is there a corridor airside, without needing to clear security? A shuttle bus?

Thanks!
You can walk airside, or exit and take a train (or walk outside if the weather is good and you need some 'fresh' air). Walking will take about 20 - 30 min, depending on arrival and departure gates.
__________________
My OpenFlights
legalalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 11, 8:12 am   #5
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Francisco
Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis President's Club
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalalien View Post
You can walk airside, or exit and take a train (or walk outside if the weather is good and you need some 'fresh' air). Walking will take about 20 - 30 min, depending on arrival and departure gates.
Perfect - that's what I needed. Seems like the fastest option is to walk airside, right? Exiting and taking the train and reclearing security could hardly take less than 20 min.
__________________
TripIt
yonajon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 11, 8:56 am   #6
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 1,927
If you end up arriving on Concourse C when arriving United, I would consider taking the UA shuttle from T1 to T2, as that will cut off some walking. It is on their map:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1113,00.html

I have never had to wait long, although sometimes there is a bit of a line. At worst case, I have found it to be break even in terms of time vs walking. But you get a quick interesting ride with views of the planes and you have saved a lot of walking, especially if you are arrived at the low C gates.
wcj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 11, 11:58 am   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Diamond, Ma:rriott Gold
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonajon View Post
Perfect - that's what I needed. Seems like the fastest option is to walk airside, right? Exiting and taking the train and reclearing security could hardly take less than 20 min.
Yes. If you arrive at a C gate, walk to B concourse (not baggage claim), turn right, and follow signs to T2, then once you get to T2 follow signs to T3. Alternatively, take a shuttle to T2 and walk from there, as suggested above.

Enjoy! If your flight is on time, you should have plenty of time to walk around and stop at different stores and/or restaurants. There will be a few sit-down places along the way.
__________________
My OpenFlights
legalalien is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:41 pm.