Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Megabus to airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from the megabus stop in Chicago to ORD? I'll be with 3+ people with carry on luggage if that makes a difference. TIA
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:35 pm
IPG

Programs: *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold,

I believe the Megabus drops off on the east side of Union Station, around the corner of W Jackson and S Canal. You could walk about two blocks south on Canal then west one block to Clinton. There is an MTA stop there, the Blue line. It's a straight shot to ORD from there. Maybe budget 45 min ride?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:12 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Chicago Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 3, 2013, 4:15 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Yeah lots of L stops within walking distance. Also if the timing works out you could take the Metra from Union Station to Ohare Transfer though the schedule is very limited
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Yeah lots of L stops within walking distance. Also if the timing works out you could take the Metra from Union Station to Ohare Transfer though the schedule is very limited
The Metra schedule is here: http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/m...dule.full.html. There is no service on weekends or major holidays.

Metra is more expensive. After arriving at O'Hare, you catch a shuttle to remote parking ATS (train) stop, then board ATS to get to your terminal. This transfer mostly negates any speed advantage Metra has over CTA Blue Line. However, L does get crowded during rush hour, while you are pretty much guaranteed a seat on Metra, especially if you get to your train more than a few minutes before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.