Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

O'Hare Security = Disaster

Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Exec, Amex Plat, HH Diamond, Starwood PP

I flew out of O'Hare today on my way back to San Francisco. The Premier line in the United terminal was 30 mins long. The regular security line practically wrapped around the building. Looks like it's going to be a slow process to get to your gate this holiday. At least nobody "grabbed my junk." Scanners weren't operating today.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:17 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, agirard1
Please follow this thread in the FT Chicago Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
On occasion when security has been disastrously long in T1 I've just ridden the escalator downstairs and walked on the outdoor sidewalk to T2. The elite line in the middle of T2 usually isn't that bad. I'm not sure thought what will happen to the elite line since CO moved in to their new house in T1 and they had paid for the cardboard elite line sign.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

With CO's move to Terminal 1, the TSA is going to close the screening lanes at the far right side of Terminal 2 (the ones that lead to the hallway to T1).

This came from several TSA Supervisors.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Diamond, peasant elsewhere
I found out on Thursday that the T2 security closes at a certain point of the night. Unfortunately, I found that out after I had already walked outside from T1 to T2 for a flight out of the E concourse, then had to go back to the middle of the B concourse to go through the checkpoint and then back over to E once airside. I asked a grumpy-looking lady TSO what was up, and she just scowled and said "the checkpoint's closed, can't you see the sign?" so two undercover cops (in civilian clothes, but with badges on chains) told me where to go.

Reminds me why I hate that airport. Ugh.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ssb2045
I found out on Thursday that the T2 security closes at a certain point of the night. Unfortunately, I found that out after I had already walked outside from T1 to T2 for a flight out of the E concourse, then had to go back to the middle of the B concourse to go through the checkpoint and then back over to E once airside. I asked a grumpy-looking lady TSO what was up, and she just scowled and said "the checkpoint's closed, can't you see the sign?" so two undercover cops (in civilian clothes, but with badges on chains) told me where to go.

Reminds me why I hate that airport. Ugh.
Not that many flights go out of T2 (UX withstanding) so once they're all gone they close up shop. UX's designated check-in is at T1 so they don't staff T2 for them. T2 security has been (IME) either very fast or very slow. I think CO sponsored the elite lane there so I'd expect that it's going to lean towards very slow most of the time.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
I flew out last Wednesday on supposedly the busiest day of the year. T3, rather than T1 or T2. Took me approximately 30 secs to get through security at just after 5pm. YMMV it would seem.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I often used that line at the far right of T2 and it was almost always nice and empty. I will definitely miss that a lot. I would even walk outside to get there from T1 on busy Friday mornings when the T1 elite line(and the regular line to the far left of T1) was jammed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.