Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Free parking in Lincoln Park?

Free parking in Lincoln Park?

Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Best to pay for the long-term parking at O'Hare and call it a day
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
Originally Posted by apadru2
South Loop (particularily south of Cermak Avenue on Wabash and Michigan Avenues)
Wabash or Michigan, South of Cermak is walking distance to the Red Line and several buses.

FWIW, it's also walking distance to at least two different housing projects.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA, MR, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Two thoughts:
1. You can only buy stickers/permits if you reside in a neighborhood. So someone new to Chicago who lives downtown couldn't buy Lincoln Park daily permits.
2. When I see a car with multiple daily permits, I assume they haven't bothered to pull off old permits when adding a new daily permit. Are you sure you're seeing cars with daily permits for days in the future?
1. You might be able to find someone in the neighborhood that could be helpful in lending a hand and giving out some of the Lincoln Park zone permits

2. Yes, I have checked the dates, and they are for consecutive days. From what I can recall it's illegal to drive with obstructions in your window. A car displaying 7-10 permits would more than likely be in violation of this law.

Protip: The adhesive on the parking permits for this year tends to leave a paper/glue residue behind when removed. I usually make sure the permit is firmly wedged in between the window and dash and I skip putting the sticker directly on the window using the adhesive backing.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by kirbypwang
It is theoretically possible to leave your car on a non-zoned Chicago street, but only if you remove the "Lincoln Park" from possible parking locations
This is false.

Lincoln Avenue, for example from Armitage to Webster is NOT zoned. Armitage, for example is NOT zoned from Sedgewick to Larabee (maybe even Halsted).

There are plenty of "boulevards" in these neighborhoods that are not zoned parking.

Dave
Old Sep 6, 2010, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Drive 45 minutes south and park in my driveway for $5 a day.
Or drive an hour west and park on my property for $4.75 a day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.