Finding a cab near Ogilvie Transportation Center

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

I'll be attending a performance at Ravinia in a few weeks, and whereas in the past I've stayed in Deerfield and driven there, this time I'm planning to stay in Chicago and take Metrarail. The train back from Ravinia gets in to the Ogilvie Center around midnight, and I assume there will be lots of concertgoers besides myself looking for cabs. Any hints for finding one quickly would be appreciated.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
I doubt that too many of the folks on your train will be looking for cabs, I would suspect that many will be on foot, or taking the L. You might try walking towards Union Station, as there are usually cabs waiting there. Or alternatively, sit as close to the front of the train as possible, as everyone disembarking will have to pass the front of the train and enter in to the main lobby area to the south of the tracks.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Head out the Madison St entrance (south side of the Center). There's a cab stand just outside the Center and to your left -- the corner of Madison and Canal. Even if there's no cabs there, you probably wont have to wait more than a minute or two for one to show up.

Or if there's a line of ppl and you don't want to wait, then I'd probably start walking east into the Loop til you can flag one down.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or if your hotel is near an el stop, you can take the el. Plenty of options all around.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:07 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

There are cabs in that area all night. You will absolutely have no problem finding one within two minutes. I'll give you $1 for every minute more you have to wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.