Wiki Posts
Search

Ord Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Ord Question

I am connecting through ORD and am planning on meeting a friend to give him some papers. Is there a place that I could do that without having to clear security again? Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
I am connecting through ORD and am planning on meeting a friend to give him some papers. Is there a place that I could do that without having to clear security again? Thanks
Either you will have to exit the secure area or he will have to enter it. There is no way to make contact with someone who is on the other side of security.

I suppose what you could do is proceed to walk towards the "point of no return" where there is always a guard posted and have your friend head the other way to that point and then ask the guard to pass your papers to your friend. But it's doubtful that would work either.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I suppose what you could do is proceed to walk towards the "point of no return" where there is always a guard posted and have your friend head the other way to that point and then ask the guard to pass your papers to your friend. But it's doubtful that would work either.
I did that once when I had my wife's passport and had to hand it off to her. The TSA was OK with that as long as the transfer was going from the secure area out to the insecure area. It was also easy to verify that the passport was the only think I was handing over.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:02 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
I would agree and also believe that this is getting more difficult to do this kind of pass off as the point of no return is generally quite far from the unsecured area now at many places at ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.