Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

FAM Fired for Revealing Info Deemed “Sensitive” After He Revealed It

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAM Fired for Revealing Info Deemed “Sensitive” After He Revealed It

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 9:30 am

Wow, what an only going mess.
Old May 13, 2016, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by willpolice4food
Admiral Peter Neffenger was barbequed on Capitol Hill yesterday about new whistleblower disclosures Robert MacLean and has caused the U.S. Office of Special Counsel to open up a full investigation:

Rep. Meadows Q&A - Examining Management Practices and Misconduct at TSA: Part II - YouTube

The exchange made the New York Times:

http://nyti.ms/1WsWtJa
Don't you just love finally seeing the TSA on the hot seat?
Old May 13, 2016, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by willpolice4food
Admiral Peter Neffenger was barbequed on Capitol Hill yesterday about new whistleblower disclosures Robert MacLean and has caused the U.S. Office of Special Counsel to open up a full investigation:

Rep. Meadows Q&A - Examining Management Practices and Misconduct at TSA: Part II - YouTube

The exchange made the New York Times:

http://nyti.ms/1WsWtJa
I love watching these people squirm! Good work, Congressman.
Old May 14, 2016, 1:57 pm

Given that tsa is said to have a "loyalty list, we can be assured this guy is not on it.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Don't you just love finally seeing the TSA on the hot seat?
Originally Posted by flyingmango
I love watching these people squirm! Good work, Congressman.
With respect ... it's only "good work" if something actually changes at TSA.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 4:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
TSA staffer claims retaliation in do-nothing jobs

A Transportation Security Administration worker is urging criminal charges against the head of the agency for assigning him do-nothing jobs after he won reinstatement to the job he lost as a whistle-blower.

[...]

He is now fighting his lack of salary increases for the last decade at the personnel board. As part of that fight, MacLean said [TSA Administrator Peter] Neffenger's letter questions his credibility, which could jeopardize his work in law enforcement.

"If this is true, they can suspend my top-secret security clearance, take my weapon away, because if I get into a critical incident, I can't testify," MacLean told USA TODAY.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If MacLean ever thought he would be welcomed back into the fold with open arms he was more than foolish.

Not wanting to fly certain flights as an Air Marshal in the Middle East because he thinks he is publicly identifiable is just hogwash. Easy enough to change ones appearance enough to go unnoticed.

MacLean fought his battle and won but he should have never believed that government would treat him the same after the war.

Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: http://www.maclean-scotus.info
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Not wanting to fly certain flights as an Air Marshal in the Middle East because he thinks he is publicly identifiable is just hogwash. Easy enough to change ones appearance enough to go unnoticed.
Not true. My supervisor complained and TSA removed me from flying missions. He's since been demoted.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

Since the cockpit security system has nothing to do with the OP being fired from his job as a FAM and his subsequent court case and reinstatement, we've split that discussion into its own thread.
If you wish to add something contributive about the subject matter of this thread, please PM one of the moderators.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:44 pm

I was charged and just fired again for posting the hidden documents online, such as the November 19, 2009 TSA "HEROISM AWARDS" document I found inside the TSA iShare intranet database (PAGE 21) showing the polar opposite report that ONE Supervisory Transportation Security Officer (STSO; "screener"), Samuel Zermeno, alone saved the woman--not "two [TSA] air marshals" (now-Seattle Field Office Assistant Air Marshal in Charge Kevin Pitman and now-U.S. Department of Justice Deputy U.S. Marshal Russell Coleman) as stated in the Arlington County, Virginia prosecutor's charging document provided to the media. Only two online media (Fox News DC and ABC News DC) dead-links can be found online and both can only be found in this message thread--nowhere else:

"TSA [then-on-duty Supervisory Federal Air Marshal Kevin Pitman] failed to quickly respond to the rape of a [bloody-beaten and almost choked to death] cleaning woman in a restroom at Reagan National Airport in Washington, D.C., and tried to cover it up [10 days before the 2009 Presidential Inauguration]."
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/0...d-fired-again/

If you hit a pay-wall:

https://www.sbsun.com/2019/04/05/thi...d-fired-again/
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

There has been a new development, so I'll reopen this thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read the article and it seems to sympathetic to the FAM. When going to war with an employer it's advisable to have your ducks lined up.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:34 pm

I read the article and it seems to sympathetic to the FAM. When going to war with an employer it's advisable to have your ducks lined up.
Right after I beat DHS's appeal to the Supreme Court I BEGGED for a 5 U.S.C. § 3352 transfer out of TSA. It was denied without even a counter-proposal. TSA even offered my lawyers a bribe to strong-arm me into a quick and cheap settlement:

TSA rejection of 5 USC 3352 transfer

Last edited by MacLeanBarrier; Apr 8, 2019 at 7:14 am Reason: Rejection email redacted
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacLeanBarrier
Right after I beat DHS's appeal to the Supreme Court I BEGGED for a 5 U.S.C. § 3352 transfer out of TSA. It was denied without even a counter-proposal. TSA even offered my lawyers a bribe to strong-arm me into a quick and cheap settlement:

<redacted>

Thought a Civil Service employee could apply for any open announcement they are qualified for regardless of the agency.

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 7, 2019 at 6:24 pm Reason: Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:40 pm

Thought a Civil Service employee could apply for any open announcement they are qualified for regardless of the agency.
How can I be at all competitive for any lateral position being unemployed for the most of the 10 years I was being marginalized by the wrongdoers? DHS lost—not me. There's a good reason why Congress and the President enacted 5 U.S.C. § 3352. Instead, DHS rejected my 3352 requests and TSA wanted me back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.