TSA Strikes Again - CVG Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2002, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
TSA Strikes Again - CVG Airport

Our fine federal workers strike again..

Security Glitch Disrupts CVG Airport

CINCINNATI, Sept 12 (Reuters) - Hundreds of passengers had to be re-screened and several flights were delayed at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport on Thursday because of a security slip-up, officials said.

The problem involved a male passenger who had gone through security and then told Transportation Security Administration personnel he left his cell phone in his car, according to Brian Doyle, a spokesman for the agency.

As a favor to the passenger a trainee was assigned to accompany him back to his car to retrieve the phone so that he would not have to go through the line again, Doyle said.

Through a misunderstanding, however, the trainee went with the passenger only to the curb and not all the way to his car. The man came back and was then allowed to bypass the line and go to his flight.

When personnel realized he had been out sight they decided to "err on the side of caution," Doyle said, and re-screen everyone waiting in two Delta Air Lines terminals.

During the subsequent screening the man in question was identified going through the line again and was checked a second time, he said.

The disruption lasted less than two hours at the airport that is located in northern Kentucky across the Ohio River from Cincinnati.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 3:01 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Your tax dollars and time at waste.

Please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/004970.html

Norm must go!!!

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry

[This message has been edited by Spiff (edited 09-12-2002).]
Old Sep 12, 2002, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
The new not so brights... gotta love em

What do they say? You cant make a silk purse from a sow's ear. Or you cant kosher a pig.

OR... the same idiots that were around a year ago with their hand in their pockets are now still here with their hands in OUR pockets.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 6:24 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
the same idiots that were around a year ago with their hand in their pockets are now still here with their hands in OUR pockets.</font>
That's the best quote I have seen on this weblog in a long time.

I would also like to reiterate my support for the real TSA agents who are only available (afaik) in BWI. Once more of these high-caliber agents make it out to all the other airports I think everyone will be very happy with the improvement.

Old Sep 12, 2002, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Actually, real TSA employees are in quite a few airports now. Last I heard, the figure was 32, but it grows daily. And, I agree that real TSA employees are a big improvement over the previous rent-a-cops. Still, I'm not sure that the additional "security" justifies the multibillion-dollar cost. We're paying for it, after all.

Bruce
Old Sep 12, 2002, 6:58 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
Still, I'm not sure that the additional "security" justifies the multibillion-dollar cost. We're paying for it, after all. </font>
I'm with you on that Bruce, my suggestion would be to arm the pax. Of course the a--holes who put their feet on the bulkhead wall would be considered terrorist by my standards.

Old Sep 13, 2002, 1:43 am

I actually have a question regarding the TSA. I guess I just want to vent a little bit.

I have just graduated from the University where my username comes from with an Aviation Degree and Management minor. I've also worked for Delta in the past in Flight Operations. It was the best job and best company I can ever imagine working for. So anyways, I'm a Pilot, but currently unemployed.

So, I thought I'll apply to the TSA, but I haven't heard a word. I have come to believe that it has to come down to the fact that I actually have some sort of common sense and would not put up myself with all the incidents that are occuring. Why doesn't the TSA call some of the good people that have applied? I guess I'm just getting frustrated.
Old Sep 13, 2002, 5:14 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
PP Sorry to hear that you are not flying for a living.

Now for that comment about Security and Common Sense -- have I got a folding comb to sell you!! ;0

Old Sep 13, 2002, 8:14 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
SDF is all-TSA, with the exception of the Globe folks who still check boarding passes at the checkpoint entry.

I'll be a lot happier with the TSA staff when changes are made in policy. Despite being polite and professional, they are still violating people without probable cause.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jimpop:
I would also like to reiterate my support for the real TSA agents who are only available (afaik) in BWI.</font>

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry
Old Sep 13, 2002, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
SDF is all-TSA, with the exception of the Globe folks who still check boarding passes at the checkpoint entry.
</font>
CVG is also all-TSA except for the First-Vector people who check boarding passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.