Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What does TSA training consist of?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2003, 3:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TakeScissorsAway:
DG, you lookin' for a job ? If so, look elsewhere. Just go to tsaunion.com and read some of the grievances. You'll be amazed. </font>
No, somehow the idea of me taking a drastic paycut doesn't appeal to me. I just wanted background on what you guys do. See, I'm trying to be non-confrontational.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 5:14 pm

Spiff, you might consider what we do to be un-american. I would not go that far, some of it is stupid, but none of it is un-american. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but name calling is very childish and diminishes your argument.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 5:49 am

I don't consider what we do un-american. The same screening was in place before TSA took over. I flew out of our airport many times when the old company was there, and felt very invaded, but was aware that my bag was subject to screening and if I alarmed they would wand me. A lot of us disagree with the "random" wanding, I know for us we have far too many people alarm to pick out randoms. And if you are wanded quickly and efficiently with an explanation as to why, there seems to be very little problems. The biggest problem is when flight crews alarm. I have had more things thrown at me from flight crew than the flying public. The thing is we are just doing our job. We try at least where I am to make people comfortable and maybe laugh a little. A lot of us disagree with the gate screenings but that is a requirement as well. Some days you just want to be on the exit, to avoid all of the arguments. Other days it's not so bad. Today will not be an example of a good day, Sundays are a nightmare.
Old Apr 27, 2003, 8:27 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Pre-9/11, I was never "randomly" searched. If I alarmed, I got to go back through until I stopped alarming or they gave up and quickly wanded me. My luggage was never opened unless there was a question about its contents. I have no problem with either procedure, past or present.

However, wanding and frisking people who do not set off the metal detector is un-American and disgusting. Opening people's bags that look fine on the x-ray is un-American and disgusting. And randomly screening people at the gate who have already passed the checkpoint is the most un-American and disgusting thing that your agency does.

------------------
"Give me Liberty or give me Death." - Patrick Henry

[This message has been edited by Spiff (edited 04-27-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.