Movie "Get Out" and TSA

Subscribe
AA had the movie "Get Out" on its IFE, IMHO the plot etc. was awful, but to make matters worse, some scenes depict the "super" detective capabilities of a TSA agent which he acquired as part of his training--much of the movie takes place in a rural area, nowhere near an airport.
PS: A few reviews note satire...either way TSA detectives
You should have read some of the comments on @TSA about this movie. "I see the TSA in a whole new light." "I respect screeners now even more." "I didn't know they did all this."

You read stuff like that and know why TSA has been able to bulldoze screening "protocols" through - such gullible people.
Quote: You should have read some of the comments on @TSA about this movie. "I see the TSA in a whole new light." "I respect screeners now even more." "I didn't know they did all this."

You read stuff like that and know why TSA has been able to bulldoze screening "protocols" through - such gullible people.
Another example is the TV show "Hawaii 5-0" - They often depict TSA as a top-notch law enforcement agency on par with FBI, etc. -- e.g., TSA putting people in holding cells, TSA detaining a person for 'smuggling' diamonds on a domestic flight to the mainland (huh?), and (my personal favorite) a police detective asking a TSA screener for access to interrogate a TSA-detained prisoner as a "professional courtesy".
I think the OP completely missed the point. The TSA character is clearly intended as comic relief and is not meant to be taken seriously. Note the scene where he's mocked by the real police.
sarahluv likes this.
Quote: I think the OP completely missed the point. The TSA character is clearly intended as comic relief and is not meant to be taken seriously. Note the scene where he's mocked by the real police.
I'm OP, I did note "satire", but however one classifies the movie (satire vs. a serious dramatic movie) it was poorly made.
Hawaii 5 0 portraying TSA as top notch supersleuths, that's pretty funny.
Our writers and musicians were people we used to rely on speak out against
tyranny or injustice. Remember when SNL or even Laugh-In used
to be controversial? Now it's all corporate controlled and sycophantic.
Movies not reflecting real world experience? Really?

That's never happened before! ()

Want to see poor portrayals of reality on film? Try being ex-military/an experienced pistol shooter/ an experienced skydiver..... in fact I'd suggest deep experience in ANY field....

They either get it wrong through laziness...or exaggerate on purpose.... (I actually find exaggeration less irritating than laziness)
I assume the lethal "NSA agents" weren't available, or any of the crack commandos/spies from NCIS?
Quote: They either get it wrong through laziness...or exaggerate on purpose.... (I actually find exaggeration less irritating than laziness)
They exaggerate on purpose because reality would be, well, dull.