Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Have you ever become nervous due to an attractive immigration officer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you ever become nervous due to an attractive immigration officer?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Physical attraction, if any, is the last thing that enters my mind when confronting someone who is armed and has the ability to confiscate everything I have in my possession.
I've seen some CBP employees try to be a bit more than friendly, but it's very rare; their unarmed equivalents abroad are a bit more friendly at times but even that is rare. I don't consider unfriendly people to be attractive, regardless of their employment role, so you can bet that it's very unlikely that I'd get nervous because of some kind of attraction to CBP that goes beyond the job.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Nope. Never seen an attractive one yet..
Seconded. Nothing to look at.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:42 pm

There are some hotties in Saigon😎
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was once interrogated in baby Spanish by an attractive Cuban immigration lady wearing tight black jeans and high heels. Nice.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Not a border agent/immigration officer but a very attractive consular officer.

She was interviewing me while processing a Consular Report of a Birth Abroad. These interviews are somewhat adversarial (which I was not expecting) as the officers are trying to verify bona fides and detect/prevent any fraud so I was somewhat nervous.

Suddenly, she asks, "How is it your fiancée got pregnant?"

I don't know if my jaw fell open or not but for several seconds that felt like an eternity I was terribly torn between answering straight or replying with, "I would be happy to show you."

It must be a sign I am getting old because discretion won over impulse and we received our certificate.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Not nervous, exactly, but I could not take my eyes off him. He was a younger dead ringer for a very good friend. This was in AMS and my friend is of Dutch ancestry. When it was my turn to be grilled, I immediately apologized for staring and explained why, because I didn't want him to think I was acting suspiciously.

He asked how old my friend was and said with mock indignation that my friend was old enough to be his father, but everything was fine.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Section 107
Try: "Well, I asked her that because I knew it wasn't me, and she had the most amazing story..."

Not entirely unrelated (travel, stupid gov't questions, etc). My foreign-born colleague was trying to get a citizenship (Australian) certificate for his newborn daughter. The form required photos signed by someone who had "known the individual for at least 12 months." Local police office (which would normally authenticate stuff like that) refused since no one there has known her that long.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Section 107
Not a border agent/immigration officer but a very attractive consular officer.

She was interviewing me while processing a Consular Report of a Birth Abroad. These interviews are somewhat adversarial (which I was not expecting) as the officers are trying to verify bona fides and detect/prevent any fraud so I was somewhat nervous.

I don't know if my jaw fell open or not but for several seconds that felt like an eternity I was terribly torn between answering straight or replying with, "I would be happy to show you."

It must be a sign I am getting old because discretion won over impulse and we received our certificate.
Asking about the nature of the pregnancy comes up when the consular personnel think there is a possibility of surrogacy or IVF having been part of the picture. It's not a common question for such situations, but the question may be asked in some localities more than others; and it speaks to some assumptions about the background of the claiming US citizen father and the couple. Also, the question is not rooted in the consideration of erectile dysfunction, but rather it's rooted in the consideration of male fertility and biological parentage "verification".

I've seen CBP ask solo US citizen fathers (traveling alone with child/children) how the child/children are theirs, but the more common question is along the line of "what's your relationship to the child/children?"/"are you the father"/"where's the mother?". Given how females in passenger-facing CBP positions at US airports of entry are underrepresented compared to males in the general population, such fathers of a heterosexual nature are less likely to encounter an attractive female CBP employee than mothers of a heterosexual nature are to encounter an attractive male CBP employee. The US State Department ACS-working USFS/consular employees are more balanced between male and female counts; and I would say the embassy/consulate scene has more attractive people on average than CBP has. But that's to be expected given hiring practices and career self-selection dynamics.

If you whip it out at a US airport of entry, CBP has a pistol that can be used to pistol whip. The typical person asking CRBA applicants such question would have no pistol with which to pistol whip someone. And then for most CRBA applicants there is the issue of the rather common plexiglass partitions too, designed to protect at least one side.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 11, 2017 at 9:16 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:01 am

A friend of mine gets hit on by flight attendants... not the same thing, but still. He hits on them too sometimes, of course. Numbers have often been exchanged
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond
FRA exit passport control. The guy was stone faced, built, and incredibly handsome. He was being a little difficult and Teutonic. I asked him 'do you work out? Because you are jacked bro'.

Trust me, I was jet lagged and hungover so I wasn't thinking or I wouldn't have ever said that. He suddenly smiled, stamped my passport and told me to have a nice day. I don't recommend this at all.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Many of the security screeners at TLV are young women in their early 20s just out of the army working to pay for school. I have become immune to it but when traveling with a French colleague a few years ago he commented about how he was hoping to get strip searched.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by NYTA
Many of the security screeners at TLV are young women in their early 20s just out of the army working to pay for school. I have become immune to it but when traveling with a French colleague a few years ago he commented about how he was hoping to get strip searched.
Did you explain to your French friend that TSA policy is to have people assaulted, er, patted down only by a TSO of the same gender as the victim, er, suspect, er, traveler?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WillCAD
Did you explain to your French friend that TSA policy is to have people assaulted, er, patted down only by a TSO of the same gender as the victim, er, suspect, er, traveler?
At TLV? Didn't know that TSA had expanded that far. Who knew?
NYTA likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
At TLV? Didn't know that TSA had expanded that far. Who knew?
Sorry, I misread and thought you had written TVL.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've seen some CBP employees try to be a bit more than friendly, but it's very rare; their unarmed equivalents abroad are a bit more friendly at times but even that is rare.
My expectations of all border officer attitudes are very low, even with the so-called friendlier ones in other countries. If do encounter any that are cordial, it is a bonus to me in addition to it being a welcoming scene. Such was the case when I entered @ DEN two months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.