Not breast milk but baby food

Subscribe
Quote: (bolding mine)

How exactly do you standardize a procedure on a national level when it can be over-ridden by every single screener's Final Say?
Well, you've just identified the thing to be fixed, haven't you?
Quote: Well, you've just identified the thing to be fixed, haven't you?
You can lead a horse to water........
TSA is the proverbial horse!
Quote: If screeners were not dressed in faux cop uniforms, would your former neighbors still believe that TSA is the be-all/end-all of airport security?
Probably not. The uniforms are very effective "conditioning."
Moderator's Note: Please let's get back on topic
Hi folks,

Just a gentle reminder that the subject of this thread is flying with baby food.

We have plenty of other active threads discussing the TSA uniforms and infrequent/inexperienced travelers feelings about the TSA. Here is one:
Per FlyerTalk Rule 5 - Stay On Topic - please keep your posts at least tangentially related to traveling baby food.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Quote:
Hey @TSA please let your agents know what a 'toddler' is. I was forced to empty out my 2 yr old's milk.
The screener has the 'final say' on what a toddler is.
delete

Baby food tested "positive" for explosives, Mom groped & TSA still took the baby food. Yet earlier in the week, a man with a bag of cereal that tested "positive" was allowed to travel with it after the explosive was neutralized by a grope.
Quote:
Just wanted to congratulate @TSA for their heroic work confiscating my toddler's sealed snack pouches in pre-check.
Quote: https://twitter.com/TheAdamGoldberg/...38839715102720
Quote:
Just wanted to congratulate @TSA for their heroic work confiscating my toddler's sealed snack pouches in pre-check.
I notice that the twitter writer didn't use the words "voluntarily surrender" in his remarks. Wonder why that is. We all know that TSA claims they don't confiscate anything. Of course we have a whole other thread that deals with what TSA says.
Hurricane Iram, TSA and baby food

Quote:
@AmericanAir has 5 families / 9 children stuck in standby hell in Orlando right now. All families held up by @TSA over baby food.
Quote: https://twitter.com/themattylee/stat...60827544793091
I'm sure that TSA will use some excuse such as you only need X servings for a 2 hour flight.

The lack of common sense found at TSA is astonishing. When people are evacuating they will carry supplies that enable them to function for some short period of time without benefit of resupply.

I honestly don't think TSA understands real world issues but just dreams up pie in the sky scenarios that never happen. Like liquid explosives that are safe to transport yet can be actuated on an airplane without need for any special equipment.

I certainly think an argument can be made that TSA makes travelers less safe!
petaluma1 likes this.
Quote: I'm sure that TSA will use some excuse such as you only need X servings for a 2 hour flight.

The lack of common sense found at TSA is astonishing. When people are evacuating they will carry supplies that enable them to function for some short period of time without benefit of resupply.

I honestly don't think TSA understands real world issues but just dreams up pie in the sky scenarios that never happen. Like liquid explosives that are safe to transport yet can be actuated on an airplane without need for any special equipment.

I certainly think an argument can be made that TSA makes travelers less safe!
Yep - Better hurry up and blow up those airplanes before the hurricane hits!
petaluma1 likes this.
Quote: Yep - Better hurry up and blow up those airplanes before the hurricane hits!
I do wonder why TSA allows cell phones in the cabin. How else would parents detonate their children's baby food sending them to a fiery death?

TSA and its screeners have earned nothing but contempt from the public.
iluv2fly likes this.