New Nominee for TSA Administrator

Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New Nominee for TSA Administrator

The job seems to be a revolving door for retired Coast Guard three-stars.

David P. Pekoske of Maryland to be an Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration. Mr. Pekoske has extensive operational and command experience through a distinguished career with the U. S. Coast Guard, where he retired as the Vice Commandant. In this key leadership position within the Department of Homeland Security he was the Coast Guards second-in-command and chief operating officer. Before that, he was Commander of Coast Guard Pacific Area and Coast Guard Defense Forces West. Throughout his career, he worked closely with the men and women in Federal, State, and local law enforcement and public safety organizations to protect the American people. Since retiring from the Coast Guard, he has been an executive in the government services industry leading business units that provided homeland security and intelligence related services. Additionally, he has been a member of the adjunct faculty at American University and been active in many organizations that advance military, veterans, and national security issues. Mr. Pekoske has a Master of Business Administration degree from the Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a Master of Public Administration degree from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. He is a graduate of the U. S. Coast Guard Academy with a Bachelor of Science degree.
Two pressing questions:

1. Anybody think of a good nickname?
2. Will he be the guy who finally gets rid of Francine?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
The job seems to be a revolving door for retired Coast Guard three-stars.

Two pressing questions:

1. Anybody think of a good nickname?
Pesky?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I had higher hopes for Neffy. Is Pesky going to take things a step further and order tongue depressors for oral exams and digitial (gloved) exams?

Because his predecessor introduced unabashed genital rubs to supplement groin chops, even as a tool to punish underage boys in shorts and tee who forget to remove a laptop from a rucksack, and the public didn't even blink.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not so sure that a person with a career military style background is the appropriate candidate for TSA Administrator.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I would like to see someone from the civilian sector, perhaps someone from the airlines. They have a vested interest in balancing the needs of real security and the public perception of safety. They'd also likely be more interested in securing the aircraft, the ramp, and airport workers generally.

I'd really like to see someone who is wheelchair-bound or a breast cancer survivor or transgender or wears prosthetics - someone who might have actually experienced some of TSA's abusive handling first-hand.

I don't want to see anyone remotely connected to the military-industrial-security complex in the position. Their only concern is a raid on the taxpayers' wallet.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Pesky?
^

He better not withdraw because we would have to go back to Square One.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.