Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

All Food and Electronics Larger than Cellphones out for Screening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Food and Electronics Larger than Cellphones out for Screening

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoeBas
A lane for food, a lane for liquids, a lane for electronics, a lane for clothes, a lane for people... ... ...
Add a lane for lip balm 'cause someone reported being molested over a tube of such. Now it seems that even "permitted" LGAs are becoming a problem.

As well:
@TSA is busy invading my trav food bag, inspecting my instant oatmeal packets for bombs.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Throw away your snack food if TSA want them.

If TSA want to confiscate my snack food, I would open the snack package or box, and dump the content in the TSA garbage container.
A few years ago, I had a bottle of red wine in my carry-on due to my own neglegence, when I was asked by TSA, I opened the bottle and poured the wine into their garbage can. No problem.

Last edited by Mama; Mar 29, 2017 at 1:05 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP
TSA is going to have to start making the checkpoints operate like supermarket checkout lanes. Will probably be easier to travel with shopping bags rather than zippered carry-on luggage.

Perhaps they should consider self-checkout lanes for the "elite" travelers - for an extra fee, of course
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by rylan
Are they looking for exploding popcorn?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Generating more assaults

Something I've noticed recently, the last month or so, on @TSA is that passengers are complaining about having LGAs that they have traveled with for multiple trips suddenly confiscated. These confiscations are triggering gropes.

Two or three have mentioned regulation size containers being confiscated allegedly because TSA could not "test" them, whatever that means.

Yesterday, another person complained of TSA taking the food he'd just purchased to take with him on the flight. From his description, there were no LGAs involved.

One mom complained that they wanted to take her diabetic child's juices or ETD them and grope her as well.

Something is definitely going on at TSA checkpoints.

Last edited by petaluma1; Apr 3, 2017 at 1:44 pm Reason: Multiple spelling corrections
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Something is definity going on at TSA checkpoints.
Looks like I'd better avoid the jelly donuts before my next flight.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Looks like I'd better avoid the jelly donuts before my next flight.
@TSA confiscated all food for my 1yr old as I was carrying her before a 5-hour flight. "Not on my watch" poster on wall behind him...Wondering what that could possibly do to mitigate the next 5 hours for my family or those sitting near me on this plane, guys.

Reason they took it: "for safety"

Last edited by petaluma1; Apr 3, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any indication of what kind of food TSA confiscated?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
It's a one year old, what kind of food do you expect. Quiche Lorraine? Carne Asada? Just saying.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
It's a one year old, what kind of food do you expect. Quiche Lorraine? Carne Asada? Just saying.
Liquid such as pudding and drinks, or solids like crackers, fruit loops or such. There are several choices from multiple groups of foods and would be helpful to know what TSA is targeting.

Thanks for the attitude.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:20 pm

Liquid such as pudding and drinks, or solids like crackers, fruit loops or such. There are several choices from multiple groups of foods and would be helpful to know what TSA is targeting.

Thanks for the attitude.
Didn't mean to display attitude. Don't take it the wrong way. Was just asking. Surely it's too long a time since I had kids and remember what we fed them. Were different time.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:43 am
Original Poster

No. I asked but have not had a response.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I haven't noticed anything different about the TSA treatment of food during the last week, although I didn't have anything that anyone could argue was a liquid or gel.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Not of my ears when a hungry 1 year old wonders where the food is. Does someone in TSA have investments in airside baby food sellers?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I've gotten secondary screening for 10-20 factory sealed plastic jars of crunchy cat treats in my carry-on in the past (The Squeaker's preferred brand is cheap at Trader Joe's so I stock up when I'm in a town with one convenient) But I've always been allowed to just repack them once it became relatively clear what they were.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.