Wiki Posts
Search

Blocked from "AskTSA"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Blocked from "AskTSA"

In this era of transparent government, one of my alter egos has been banned from AskTSA. I committed the treasonous "Crime against the State" of offering alternative opinions to their canned answers to citizens and our guests traversing TSA checkpoints.

I have this to say to the TSA: You can run but you cannot hide.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, they don't like competing answers. Seems like a government communication outlet blocking citizens is a serious 1st amendment breach.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Yes, they don't like competing answers. Seems like a government communication outlet blocking citizens is a serious 1st amendment breach.
It all depends on what one means by "blocking".

FW2M is perfectly free to say whatever he wants on Twitter, and probably does. That doesn't mean he's free to force AskTSA to listen to him, or to respond to him, or to allow him to talk with others talking to AskTSA.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
It all depends on what one means by "blocking".

FW2M is perfectly free to say whatever he wants on Twitter, and probably does. That doesn't mean he's free to force AskTSA to listen to him, or to respond to him, or to allow him to talk with others talking to AskTSA.
@AskTSA is a part of TSA, part of our federal government. Seems to me that when government prohibits free speech then government has chilled the citizens civil rights.

What he means by blocking is exactly how it sounds, TSA blocks a person from receiving @AskTSA tweets and also blocks the ability to reply to @AskTSA tweets.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
In this era of transparent government, one of my alter egos has been banned from AskTSA. I committed the treasonous "Crime against the State" of offering alternative opinions to their canned answers to citizens and our guests traversing TSA checkpoints.

I have this to say to the TSA: You can run but you cannot hide.
Try filing a Civil Rights complaint with the TSA for violation of your First Amendment rights. You probably won't get the blocked account reopened (AskTSA still has not been able to fix the erroneous web info on butter) but you could open a new twitter account which they might not be so quick to block. Knock on wood, I've had one going for a couple of months now

Do you access @AskTSA from this link:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...sktsa&src=typd (Thanks, Sai!)

If you use that link, AskTSA probably doesn't see any of your tweets, BUT others who read @AskTSA do see them and take notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.