Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunshinekid
Having a job to have a job and being "interested in touching peoples bodies" are different things. A TSA employee may go through the motions, but that does not mean that TSA employee has some perverted interest in what they are doing - as is often the accusation. Though, there have been a few with a perverted interest.
Doing these things doesn't mean aren't enjoying it either!
Bottom line, what TSA is doing crosses the lines of decency and I will do all I can to point this out.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
For TRANS-SEXUALS, with female breasts but male genitals, who outwardly look and dress as females, how does TSA "handle" the extra (intensive) pat downs?
More on flying when trans:

http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2017/...ove-field.html

Black Trans Advocacy has since discovered while investigating these reports that the Dallas Love Field TSA checkpoint has a negative history with transgender travelers. Even more disturbing to us, the Dallas TSA at Love Field when confronted about those incidents has been uncooperative and tone deaf when it comes to getting the obvious TSA transphobic travel issues resolved.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I want the world to know what ridiculous things the TSA does to men, women, and even young children at the TSA screening checkpoints. It becomes more obvious to more people what the TSA is doing when the TSA does it in public, and only when enough people are informed enough about this can the pushback be strong enough to make the TSA keep its hands off passengers' genitals.

That said, I can understand why some might feel more comfortable having this done in a "private" place, but in "private" the protection level from even extra abuse at the hands of TSA is lower.
I have had the experience of being told that I can't have an enhanced pat-down done in public.

Last year, I was going through TSA at DEN, when my shoes alarmed (PreCheck wasn't open, apparently LL Bean hiking boots are too dense for the scanners). The TSO swabbed the shoes, and they alarmed again, this time for explosives (I had already gotten groped as I refused to go through the NoS). Because of this alarm, they wanted to grope me again, to which I asked if it could be done in public. Their answer was "no" and that it "had" to be done in private. I acquiesced mainly because they pulled the "do you want to fly today," schtick. In the private room, they spent a good long time fondling my feet, even making me take off my socks so they can swab my bare foot. After that swab came back clear, they allowed me to proceed, however, they did not want me to leave the screening room barefoot, and told me that I needed to put my shoes on inside.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:58 pm

Today this showed up on @TSA:

Should we expect TSA agents to shake and hurt a finger that was recently reattached? (And told that we look bloated)
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...ached&src=typd

Between being sexually assaulted by TSA, behavior as evidenced above as well as this account and now having to take out all the other things TSA is asking travelers to remove from carry-ons, is the time finally approaching when people say '"ENOUGH" or are there just too many sheeple who think TSA is keeping them safe that it will never happen?
Old May 3, 2017, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Today this showed up on @TSA:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...ached&src=typd

Between being sexually assaulted by TSA, behavior as evidenced above as well as this account and now having to take out all the other things TSA is asking travelers to remove from carry-ons, is the time finally approaching when people say '"ENOUGH" or are there just too many sheeple who think TSA is keeping them safe that it will never happen?
Many of us have posted repeatedly in this thread and similar other ones for years. It is not getting any better, it is getting worse. But no one screams "enough" and the once a year flyer even looks
at this theater as being fun and pleasant enough to participate in. It is us frequent flyers, who note
the continuous degradation of our basic human rights including our privacy. Dirty hands go through our personal items inside our luggage, touching our genitals in aggressive ways, shouting at us as if we are criminals, with no recourse. Complaints, even mild attempts return the old "do you want to fly today?" theme. We are aware of this and there is no way to change this. No one, not one politician will take on our cause. No one will advocate for us, no court will listen. As air travelers we have been reduced to the level of an animal. But at least we are not yet being kicked at. Not yet!
Old May 4, 2017, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Many of us have posted repeatedly in this thread and similar other ones for years. It is not getting any better, it is getting worse. But no one screams "enough" and the once a year flyer even looks
at this theater as being fun and pleasant enough to participate in. It is us frequent flyers, who note
the continuous degradation of our basic human rights including our privacy. Dirty hands go through our personal items inside our luggage, touching our genitals in aggressive ways, shouting at us as if we are criminals, with no recourse. Complaints, even mild attempts return the old "do you want to fly today?" theme. We are aware of this and there is no way to change this. No one, not one politician will take on our cause. No one will advocate for us, no court will listen. As air travelers we have been reduced to the level of an animal. But at least we are not yet being kicked at. Not yet!
I agree with all that you wrote. It's so discouraging to realize that people honor themselves so little that they allow themselves to be assaulted and disrespected by government agents.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
It's also very discouraging to realize that so many people honor themselves so little that they're willing to put on a blue uniform and assault and disrespect some of the most helpless citizens in our country every day. Confiscate breast milk, jab stiffened fingers into the genitals of helpless, semi-paralyzed pax whose only crime is inconveniencing a TSO with their disability, rubbing 13-year-old boys' genitals in a way that would get any cop fired - it's discouraging that there are so many people so eager and willing to do this (or watch their co-workers do it) every day.

What's really sickening is realizing that no one else in the world does this - or sees the need for it.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:20 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
RPD is the same

I can now personally attest that the RPD procedure is the same as it used to be.

Flying thru OMA the other day and the opt-out patdown alarmed. The resolution pat down is basically the same as the opt-out patdown these days. Only differences are that everything is front-of-hands and they check the bottoms of the feet.

My best guess is that all the detection equipment at the checkpoint was contaminated and I was the first person that morning who was forced to use any of it. The first ETD machine threw the false positive on the first patdown, then the second ETD threw a false positive on my luggage. After they thoroughly scrubbed down all the equipment, everything was fine.

What an epic waste of money. I had three TSA people all to myself for the 20 minutes it took to screen me, because their equipment was dirty.

Managed to have only three direct genital contacts tho, by squirming just right.
Old May 4, 2017, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I can now personally attest that the RPD procedure is the same as it used to be.

Flying thru OMA the other day and the opt-out patdown alarmed. The resolution pat down is basically the same as the opt-out patdown these days. Only differences are that everything is front-of-hands and they check the bottoms of the feet.

My best guess is that all the detection equipment at the checkpoint was contaminated and I was the first person that morning who was forced to use any of it. The first ETD machine threw the false positive on the first patdown, then the second ETD threw a false positive on my luggage. After they thoroughly scrubbed down all the equipment, everything was fine.

What an epic waste of money. I had three TSA people all to myself for the 20 minutes it took to screen me, because their equipment was dirty.

Managed to have only three direct genital contacts tho, by squirming just right.
If TSA cannot maintain their equipment then why should there be any confidence in any screening procedure?

Subjecting you to these invasive acts due to TSA incompetence should lead to at minimum a complaint to the DHS OIG.
Old May 4, 2017, 1:43 pm

I know that if TSA doesn't maintain and calibrate equipment, they can get false positives.

Can lousy calibration also lead to false negatives, ie, something should alarm but doesn't?
Old May 4, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by chollie
Can lousy calibration also lead to false negatives, ie, something should alarm but doesn't?
Of course. Plus, that assumes the system is plugged in at all.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:11 pm

Further proof it's all security theater.

If you can only get false positives, then TSA will say it's OK to harass a few innocent people with particularly invasive and humiliating gropes and strip searches to get at the rare (never yet encountered) threat.

That logic doesn't hold if sloppy maintenance and procedures can also mean that good guys get through without the backroom grope but so do potential bad guys.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
And another point of contamination is the testing strip dispenser and the testing strip wand as both lend themselves to cross-contamination as the TSOs do not feel the need to change their gloves for each run of the machine.

If I did that in my lab, Risk Management and Compliance would be all over me, as results would have to be thrown out.

But then again, these are the same people that think nothing of sticking their hands in the x-ray screener to pull a bag out, even though the x-ray emitter is energized.
Old May 14, 2017, 7:02 pm

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....lt-government/

TSA believed that since they’d basically be sexually assaulting passengers at will, some passengers may fail to understand that it’s not sexual assault when the government does it....

In The Road to Serfdom‘s chapter 10, “Why the Worst Get on Top” F.A. Hayek writes of “an increasing tendency among modern men to imagine themselves ethical because they have delegated their vices to larger and larger groups. To act on behalf of a group seems to free people of many of the moral restraints which control their behavior as individuals within the group.”
Old May 22, 2017, 2:20 pm

TSA developing a training mannequin for doing whole body pat downs.

Could this be because other screeners don't want to be sexually assaulted by their fellow screeners as they learn how to do the "pat down"?

PATT will contain a “sensored” layer capable of measuring the amount of pressure applied to various areas of the mannequin during a standardized pat-down procedure. The sensors will measure pressure applied during screening and analyzed by its training software. The female version has approximately 2,000 sensors, while the male version has approximately 1,900. PATT is connected to a computer, which will provide visual, objective feedback to the employee in training, increasing their awareness and help improve their ability to conduct the pat-down procedure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.