Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by T-the-B
Sorry, I can't absolve the screener just because he was acting on orders. He has the ability to control his own actions.
Note that I wrote "I almost feel sorry...." And you are correct in that he could have manned up and stopped, especially after she told him to go back and do it again.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Note that I wrote "I almost feel sorry...." And you are correct in that he could have manned up and stopped, especially after she told him to go back and do it again.
It doesn't really matter what work a person does. If they are doing something that is against their values then they can walk away. Not walking away shows acceptance of doing the things required.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c0973ee9ca62

Bolding mine

Anyway, the pat-down was legit, the investigator said. Intimate apparel has been a source of concern ever since Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab tried to bring down a plane on Christmas Day 2009 by detonating a bomb hidden in his underwear.

The investigator told Harris, she said, that “his own wife carried a panty liner with her and put it on after security, as this is something that could trigger a search.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Did anyone create a White House.Gov petition demanding an end to TSA's gropes?
I'll try to do it but the window of opportunity is slipping away.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Tom M.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c0973ee9ca62

Bolding mine

Anyway, the pat-down was legit, the investigator said. Intimate apparel has been a source of concern ever since Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab tried to bring down a plane on Christmas Day 2009 by detonating a bomb hidden in his underwear.

The investigator told Harris, she said, that “his own wife carried a panty liner with her and put it on after security, as this is something that could trigger a search.
Even more disturbing:

“I started to ask if I had done something wrong or if this was ‘random,’ but before I could get a second word out, the TSA agent yelled at me,” Harris told me. “She grabbed my throat hard, causing me to choke and cough. She yelled at me for coughing. She then put her hands inside my bra and panties and groped my private parts with the front, not the back, of her gloved hand. Afterward, I worried that I may have been infected if she had groped someone else without changing gloves. Her attitude was so threatening and hostile, that I was afraid to look at her face and name plate.”
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DFW NBC affiliate run a short piece on this story tonight, TSA doubles down on Proper Procedures Were Followed. Good to know that TSA's screeners must grope genitals.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:02 am

While I'm looking forward to my vacation to Arizona this summer I'm dreading the trip to Phoenix and back. Up until last month our little airport has been WTMD only and now it has a NoS. I'm hoping having Pre through GE will mean I'll still get "pre-lite" as before and get sent through the WTMD. I don't know what I'll do if they send me to the NoS. Opt-out and have someone potentially assault me* or go through the strip search box. The last time I was in Phoenix I got "randomly" selected for additional screening and since I felt like crap I swallowed my pride and went through the NoS. Knowing the TSA's reputation there if it happens again I'll probably have to swallow what's left of my pride and go through it again.

*I say potentially because IME the TSA screeners are the best I've ever seen. They're polite, friendly and get people through quickly; something their colleagues in other airports could learn how to do. The few times I've seen then do a pat down they were quick and didn't karate chop the "resistance".
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic
While I'm looking forward to my vacation to Arizona this summer I'm dreading the trip to Phoenix and back. Up until last month our little airport has been WTMD only and now it has a NoS. I'm hoping having Pre through GE will mean I'll still get "pre-lite" as before and get sent through the WTMD. I don't know what I'll do if they send me to the NoS. Opt-out and have someone potentially assault me* or go through the strip search box. The last time I was in Phoenix I got "randomly" selected for additional screening and since I felt like crap I swallowed my pride and went through the NoS. Knowing the TSA's reputation there if it happens again I'll probably have to swallow what's left of my pride and go through it again.

*I say potentially because IME the TSA screeners are the best I've ever seen. They're polite, friendly and get people through quickly; something their colleagues in other airports could learn how to do. The few times I've seen then do a pat down they were quick and didn't karate chop the "resistance".
I'm personally happy my next trip is to Canada, where I won't have to put up with TSA in at least one direction as my departure from Canada is through a Preclearance airport. But I'm at the point where I'm just going to start going through the NoS if I "random alarm" on the Pre WTMD, and I'm likely going to change clothes both before and after security. I'm this close to buying the tightest pants with the fewest seams that I can find (I presume male yoga pants are available?), purely to reduce my chances of TSA stupidity. And tight pants ARE NOT a good look on me. Heck I'm this close to going through the checkpoint like I'm in a professional wrestling match in a pair of spandex trunks and nothing else. The NoS alarmed once on me because I was wearing jeans and there was a gap because I'd lost a little weight. The worst part is, the whole process is ridiculous and does nothing for security, absolutely nothing. The only thing this process could catch is herpes. I'm half tempted to explain I have a bad herpes outbreak and see how my genitals get treated then.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DFW radio station WBAP interviewed the mom of the boy this morning. She stated some things which I hadn't heard before. According to the mom there was a backup occurring at that TSA Checkpoint and several people had asked one female TSA screener what was going on. Apparently this mom had spoken with this screener a bit earlier about the slow down and as reported this TSA screener was being rude with her and others in the line. It was this screener which told the male screener to grope the boy. At no time was there any indication of any kind of an alarm as claimed by TSA.

Sound like a purely retaliatory act because mom had already had words with the female TSA screener.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sound like a purely retaliatory act because mom had already had words with the female TSA screener.
The words I want to say in response (if true) about this female screener are not fit for print here, or anywhere. Let's just say it would make Carlin's seven dirty words look like a church hymn. I'd rather deal with corrupt third world police at this point.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I'm personally happy my next trip is to Canada, where I won't have to put up with TSA in at least one direction as my departure from Canada is through a Preclearance airport. But I'm at the point where I'm just going to start going through the NoS if I "random alarm" on the Pre WTMD, and I'm likely going to change clothes both before and after security. I'm this close to buying the tightest pants with the fewest seams that I can find (I presume male yoga pants are available?), purely to reduce my chances of TSA stupidity. And tight pants ARE NOT a good look on me. Heck I'm this close to going through the checkpoint like I'm in a professional wrestling match in a pair of spandex trunks and nothing else. The NoS alarmed once on me because I was wearing jeans and there was a gap because I'd lost a little weight. The worst part is, the whole process is ridiculous and does nothing for security, absolutely nothing. The only thing this process could catch is herpes. I'm half tempted to explain I have a bad herpes outbreak and see how my genitals get treated then.
I believer FliesWay2Much might have successfully tried something like this once or twice.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
I believer FliesWay2Much might have successfully tried something like this once or twice.
I'm gonna tell them I have YUGE herpes. The best herpes. So many herpes it would make your head spin .
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The words I want to say in response (if true) about this female screener are not fit for print here, or anywhere. Let's just say it would make Carlin's seven dirty words look like a church hymn. I'd rather deal with corrupt third world police at this point.
Even corrupt third world police don't feel up passenger genitals in public like the TSA does. The TSA is in a league of its own in touching passenger genitals.

Kids used to be taught to alert a responsible adult if someone touched their private parts like this and say "Don't touch my body!"; and yet now we have the TSA doing this genitals rubbing under the full authority of the Executive Branch of the government. What a shame that this is the state of affairs today.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm gonna tell them I have YUGE herpes. The best herpes. So many herpes it would make your head spin .
You should be more concerned about what is on the gloves of the TSA screener. If you don't insist on the screener changing gloves before any groping no telling what might be transferred.

And take notice that TSA shows no concern about protecting anyone but TSA employees, otherwise they would be changing gloves before touching any person.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should be more concerned about what is on the gloves of the TSA screener. If you don't insist on the screener changing gloves before any groping no telling what might be transferred.

And take notice that TSA shows no concern about protecting anyone but TSA employees, otherwise they would be changing gloves before touching any person.
I already do. Fortunately they usually put on new gloves before touching me. I think I've only had to point it out once, and that time it seemed like the screener merely forgot (i.e. not maliciously forgot).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.