Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.

Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Perhaps but a long shot at best.

Does anyone know the name of the DFW FSD? That person needs to feel some heat over the acts of the DFW TSA screeners.
Catching my train in a few minutes. I'll see if I can find it on my ride home.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
It had to be as Trump's "team" could not have come up with this with only 6 weeks on the job. Neffenger instituted the odious process and then got out town so he wouldn't have to take the fall out - leave it to the new guys to deal with.

~~

Apparently Tom Costello will be addressing this incident on NBC Nightly News. I have no hopes that he will be asking any probing questions.
It could have been someone else in the senior levels of TSA that had been blocked by Neffenger and just as soon as he left they took their move.

I feel doubtful that anyone inside the beltway will pay any attention to this. It would take a major organization to take up the cause and so far TSA seems to have their defenses well in place.

Part of the problem as I see is that Congress lets TSA set their own rules. There is no oversight as to necessity or reasonableness outside of TSA.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:05 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by KDS
It's been another ten days and my US Representative remains unreachable, unresponsive, and ignorant of the assaulting going on. I still have not received any response (good, bad, indifferent, ignorant, outlandish, nothing) from him.
I just called the Washington, DC office of my US Representative. Amazingly, someone answered the phone. She was not aware of my previous calls ( ).... sigh.

I asked her if she'd seen the video of the 13-year-old boy's groping. She had not. She had heard a few stories about the TSA's new patdown procedure, but wasn't familiar with it. (We need to move Washington, DC into the middle of the US so they'd have to deal with their nonsensical decisions as much as we do.)

I strongly told her my opinion about the TSA. She said she'd pass it along to the "congressman". He hasn't taken any stand on this issue (I doubt he even knows or cares).

So another spit into the wind....
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Perverted retaliation still.

"If the TSA thinks these sexual/private part feeling-ups are needed to locate explosives, guns and other contraband weapons, explosives/ and incendiaries on young buys and girls wearing shorts even, the TSA needs to go back to the drawing board.

"Nowhere else in the world -- beside where the TSA claims to rule the roost -- would you see such a kind of scene so often at an airport screening checkpoint."

This kind of exceptionalism doesn't speak well of the state of the union and society writ large.
To me "pervert" implies that it's for the sexual gratification of the person (or possibly an observer). I doubt that was the motivation here so I don't like the word "pervert". Rather, it's humiliating retaliation.

Still very wrong, I would have no problem convicting the guy of sexual assault under color of authority.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotaCriminal
Funny, since both @ASKTSA and the TSA manager in his email response to my complaint state that we can ask for a supervisor at any time should we have concerns.
You can ask. Doesn't mean anything will happen.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DFW FSD

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Yes but saying TSA did such and such carries little weight. Saying DFW FSD Blank Blank is doing so and so puts pressure on specific individuals. I say name names where we can and put those names out in the public media so they get the attention they deserve.
We can always count on a TSA fluff piece: https://www.google.com/amp/cw33.com/...ay-season/amp/

Current as of last December.

Last edited by FliesWay2Much; Mar 28, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
You can ask. Doesn't mean anything will happen.
Mother of child in video apparently asked a couple of times for a supervisor and no one appeared.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta, United
This story has made it way to CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tsa-pat-...ks-out-dallas/
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, United Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
It had to be as Trump's "team" could not have come up with this with only 6 weeks on the job. Neffenger instituted the odious process and then got out town so he wouldn't have to take the fall out - leave it to the new guys to deal with.

~~

Apparently Tom Costello will be addressing this incident on NBC Nightly News. I have no hopes that he will be asking any probing questions.
The pat down I received last week was the same pat down I received 12 months ago. <deleted>.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 28, 2017 at 7:42 pm Reason: Going OMNI/PR
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Political discussions and commentary belong in OMNI/PR.

Posts have been deleted.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
And according to that report, the kid left his laptop in its case; it didn't alarm as TSA has been saying.

So the kid was punished by being sexually assaulted in order to teach him the valuable lesson of never leaving his laptop in its case again.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
And according to that report, the kid left his laptop in its case; it didn't alarm as TSA has been saying.

So the kid was punished by being sexually assaulted in order to teach him the valuable lesson of never leaving his laptop in its case again.
Watching that video made my blood boil. And if that TSA "officer" wasn't the picture of a sex offender I don't who is.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

And the poor child may blame himself for the situation by asking what he did wrong so as to deserve this. The wrongdoer in this situation is not the child. It's the TSA doing this to passengers being passengers.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:17 pm

The sad thing about these pat downs is that for "gentlemen of size" such as myself they aren't effective. When is the TSA gonna reach up into my fat flap?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
What exactly is the justification for an invasive pat down if there is a problem with the bag X-ray? Especially something as simple as an electronic device not taken out?

I just last week got my bag rescreened in FRA because I had forgotten that i had a Kindle with me (they had said tablet, so I took my iPad out). Of course, that did not trigger any rescreening or groping of my body.

Glad the mother shot that video.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.