Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 23, 17, 2:39 pm   #601
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
“Pat-downs result in the discovery of knives and other dangerous items carried on a passenger’s person on a daily basis,” spokesman Mike England said. “They are a valuable tool in keeping our skies safe.”
I call this as a blatant lie. If it's not, why aren't these "great finds" being reported at the blog?

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...168840732.html

This is another victim of the TSA who is being used by the agency to promote their agenda.
STBCypriot likes this.
petaluma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 17, 9:25 pm   #602
  
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: KSUX
Posts: 646
Flew back from Phoenix on Tuesday morning and got a variant on the new pat down after getting "randomly" selected at the WTMD in the pre-check lane of T4's A checkpoint. Of course the NoS hit on sweat around the collar of my shirt and for some reason at the bottom of my knee length shorts. Surprisingly I only had to wait about 30 seconds while the male and female screeners swapped places at the NoS/WTMD. He did use the palms of his hand to pat down both areas but didn't get any where near the twig and berries and honestly spent more time inspecting my hat then what the NoS "hit" on. Thankfully the whole ordeal was over in a little over a minute and I escaped with my dignity intact (this time).
LtKernelPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 17, 2:51 pm   #603
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,519

Yet we read that TSA has told a court of law that

Quote:
“contact with Plaintiff’s genitals, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down.”
https://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...36587177848718

The above description of a patdown certainly doesn't seem like "incidental" contact.

Last edited by petaluma1; Sep 2, 17 at 2:56 pm
petaluma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 17, 3:18 pm   #604
  
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 476
Who needs Penthouse Forum (RIP) when you can just read TSA reports?
This stuff is steamy!
yandosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 17, 4:35 pm   #605
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,519
In another tweet, the woman wrote:

Quote:
They had a laminated card that they quickly flicked at me which showed a body & area they would touch--entire underwear area.
Is this new? Whatever, they are still too cowardly to use the word "genitals" - she also said they used the term "intimate area".
petaluma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 17, 9:19 pm   #606
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 26,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by petaluma1 View Post
In another tweet, the woman wrote:



Is this new? Whatever, they are still too cowardly to use the word "genitals" - she also said they used the term "intimate area".
Saves anyone recording them saying what they're going to do.
Loren Pechtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 17, 10:03 pm   #607
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,722
Another satisfied TSA Customer!

http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/...rticle/2009631

Quote:
Well, since you asked, the agent runs his hand inside a passenger's waistband and also runs his hand up the back of each leg until he "meets resistance" and then does the same from the front of each leg. And then the TSA agent swipes the front of his hands 3 or 4 times right over the zipper area of one's Gap Outlet comfort-stretch khakis. That last part was the most unpleasant.​​​​​​
Boggie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 17, 7:45 am   #608
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog View Post
The article linked to is generating many responses at @TSA.
petaluma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 17, 9:20 am   #609
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by petaluma1 View Post
The article linked to is generating many responses at @TSA.
Well, the United States Government acting through the hands of TSA and TSA Social Media Representatives block citizens from their twitter and other social media accounts that offer opinions that differ from TSA's.
Boggie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 9:54 am   #610
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,519
A thought I had re patdowns and police reports

TSA says:

Quote:
contact with Plaintiff’s genitals, if any at all, was incidental and occurred through the course of a typical security pat-down.
http://tinyurl.com/y9ttb62p

To my mind, that says that TSA does not grab, cup, pull or finger genitals.
Therefore, when this happens to passengers, as it does on an hourly basis, the screener is outside of the parameters of a TSA "patdown" because grabbing, cupping, pulling, fingering is NOT "incidental."

With that in mind and a copy of the legal document in hand in which TSA states they don't make contact with genitals, should not the police then accept a complaint of sexual assault against a screener?
petaluma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 2:13 pm   #611
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by petaluma1 View Post
TSA says:



http://tinyurl.com/y9ttb62p

To my mind, that says that TSA does not grab, cup, pull or finger genitals.
Therefore, when this happens to passengers, as it does on an hourly basis, the screener is outside of the parameters of a TSA "patdown" because grabbing, cupping, pulling, fingering is NOT "incidental."

With that in mind and a copy of the legal document in hand in which TSA states they don't make contact with genitals, should not the police then accept a complaint of sexual assault against a screener?
When one court refuses to hold TSA screeners accountable I think the chance of success, even if a complaint is taken, is low. Can you afford to pursue a case against TSA or a TSA employee? Without support from a consumer protection group few of us have the resources to mount a battle, one that government can drag out for years.
Boggie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 2:49 pm   #612
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog View Post
When one court refuses to hold TSA screeners accountable I think the chance of success, even if a complaint is taken, is low. Can you afford to pursue a case against TSA or a TSA employee? Without support from a consumer protection group few of us have the resources to mount a battle, one that government can drag out for years.
Except this would not be the passenger "going after" a screener, it would be a prosecutor prosecuting a criminal charge of sex assault.
petaluma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 6:52 am   #613
  
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: FRA
Programs: AA EXP/LT GLD, HH Diamond, Marriott Rewards Silver
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by petaluma1 View Post
Except this would not be the passenger "going after" a screener, it would be a prosecutor prosecuting a criminal charge of sex assault.
Prosecutors in the US are typically elected or politically appointed to represent The People. The People have made it exceedingly clear that almost anything is acceptable if it is done under the guise of fighting terrorism. I wonder where there might be a People's representative who cares so little about their political career that they would be willing to be cast as soft on terrorism by going up against a TSA employee who claims to be "just following orders to fight terrorism."

Do you know of one?
BSBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 8:56 am   #614
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSBD View Post
Prosecutors in the US are typically elected or politically appointed to represent The People. The People have made it exceedingly clear that almost anything is acceptable if it is done under the guise of fighting terrorism. I wonder where there might be a People's representative who cares so little about their political career that they would be willing to be cast as soft on terrorism by going up against a TSA employee who claims to be "just following orders to fight terrorism."

Do you know of one?
However, TSA claims that touching of genitals is incidental, IMO meaning screeners are not to deliberately touch them, that they are not ordered to finger, grab, manipulate.

Or maybe there are many screeners who enjoy feeling up passengers & do so in contravention of procedure which would be sexual assault.
petaluma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 9:09 am   #615
FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by petaluma1 View Post
However, TSA claims that touching of genitals is incidental, IMO meaning screeners are not to deliberately touch them, that they are not ordered to finger, grab, manipulate.

Or maybe there are many screeners who enjoy feeling up passengers & do so in contravention of procedure which would be sexual assault.
I have to question any claim by TSA on the basis of TSA just being dishonest in many dealings with the public.

Here is a countering report suggesting that genital contact may not be incidental. Of course this is just one account but with so many reports of genital grabs, jabs, and gropes who do we believe? A person who only wanted to fly somewhere or TSA which has been dishonest with the public for years?

<deleted>

Quote:
I tried to avoid this case! I asked the TSA screener 3 times to just apologize (as well as his manager). Both laughed at me, said hitting me was intentional, and refused to admit their mistake and just apologize. Is this a new "game" with TSA screeners: To hit passengers and see how much they can abuse the flying public since they have the US Government protecting them from crimes? So I did what many of you have probably thought about doing: I citizen's arrested the TSA agent!
DeafBlonde likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Today at 10:51 am Reason: Removed link to a GoFundMe solicitation
Boggie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top