Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA Will ‘Significantly Reduce’ Access to Precheck Lanes for Non-Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Will ‘Significantly Reduce’ Access to Precheck Lanes for Non-Members

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Interesting. I note that there have been no complaints on @AskTSA about long PreCheck lines for several days; the last complaint is dated February 9th. I find that very suspect. Is AskTSA concealing anything? (There have been complaints posted on @TSA but those are never answered.)

Further, if @AskTSA search results are accurate the last time they responded to anyone with:

was back in December.
All TSA media outlets are so censored and controlled that there is nothing there that can be taken at face value. It's not public relations but propaganda that they are interested in.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Interesting. I note that there have been no complaints on @AskTSA about long PreCheck lines for several days; the last complaint is dated February 9th. I find that very suspect. Is AskTSA concealing anything? (There have been complaints posted on @TSA but those are never answered.)

Further, if @AskTSA search results are accurate the last time they responded to anyone with:

was back in December.
Last time I looked (a couple weeks ago), Amy Van Dyken (the paralyzed Olympic swimmer) got another rough grope. It wasn't DEN this time, but it appears that the 'academy' training is still teaching people to jab pax in the privates with stiff fingers if they're paralyzed and in a wheelchair, and apparently the ever-vigilant STSOs and LTSOs are making sure it happens.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by chollie
Last time I looked (a couple weeks ago), Amy Van Dyken (the paralyzed Olympic swimmer) got another rough grope. It wasn't DEN this time, but it appears that the 'academy' training is still teaching people to jab pax in the privates with stiff fingers if they're paralyzed and in a wheelchair, and apparently the ever-vigilant STSOs and LTSOs are making sure it happens.
Another interesting note is that complaints about molestation by TSA screeners seems to be down on @AskTSA but not @TSA.

The most complaints are coming from women traveling with formula or breastmilk.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was back in December.
Didn't <the president> order all agencies not to release anything not vetted by the White House? Or was that only certain departments?

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 18, 2017 at 2:48 pm Reason: Going OMNI/PR
Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Another interesting note is that complaints about molestation by TSA screeners seems to be down on @AskTSA but not @TSA.

The most complaints are coming from women traveling with formula or breastmilk.
There's clearly some blocking going on with Ask TSA. It looks like it's largely been abandoned. They've turned it over to the bots. In one case, a pax complained about TSO abuse and the response was boilerplate: 'we train our screeners to behave professionally'. Didn't ask which airport or checkpoint, didn't forward the tweet, didn't advise the pax to file a complaint.

In short, Ask TSA is virtually useless, although, like the blog, the taxpayers will continue to pay fat government wages for something that is pointless at best, insulting at worst. It's clear that the majority of the folks tweeting Ask TSA are sincere and want help - and they're not getting it.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:40 am

Appears that @AskTSA either has not got the message that TSA is "significantly reducing" the # of non-pre passengers in pre line or, as with so much else TSA, AskTSA doesn't have the ability to change its message:

"As we work to achieve that goal, we’ll continue to reduce the # of travelers receiving TSA Pre✓® who aren’t enrolled"

This has been the standard response to complaints about long pre lines for a couple of years now.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Appears that @AskTSA either has not got the message that TSA is "significantly reducing" the # of non-pre passengers in pre line or, as with so much else TSA, AskTSA doesn't have the ability to change its message:

"As we work to achieve that goal, we’ll continue to reduce the # of travelers receiving TSA Pre✓® who aren’t enrolled"

https://twitter.com/AskTSA/status/834751542016217089

This has been the standard response to complaints about long pre lines for a couple of years now.

We both have Pre Check for our return trip tomorrow. That's 2 for 2 this trip.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
We both have Pre Check for our return trip tomorrow. That's 2 for 2 this trip.
^^
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
They still seem to be giving people travelling with you pre check.

Both me and our partner have nexus but our friend on the same booking didn't and got it pre check anyway.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reclusive46
They still seem to be giving people travelling with you pre check.

Both me and our partner have nexus but our friend on the same booking didn't and got it pre check anyway.
How would they know if someone is traveling with you?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Same PNR. He said they were traveling under the same booking.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:47 am

TSA Pre- When will it disappear for those who have not registered?

I have been registered for TSA Pre since it started. I paid my fee, had my interview etc.

I heard that they will stop allowing those who have not registered from going through TSA Pre but it has not happened.

I ask the TSA personnel at the airport about it but no one seems to know.

Does anyone have any insight into this situation?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 8:26 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by speedbird001
I have been registered for TSA Pre since it started. I paid my fee, had my interview etc.

I heard that they will stop allowing those who have not registered from going through TSA Pre but it has not happened.

I merged your question into an existing thread discussing this topic.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United
Originally Posted by speedbird001

On Twitter last week, I was told by TSA that the TSA is "working on this". I had complained via Twitter in response to one of the usual TSA advertisements that the wait times in PreCheck have increased due to a) the new patdowns and b) the non-registered people using the line. TSA argued that overall, it's still faster. I disagree. Right now, it's about 50-50 when you throw in the slowdowns thanks to the new patdowns and extensive bag checks and the inexperienced/non-registered travelers in the PreCheck line.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by NotaCriminal
On Twitter last week, I was told by TSA that the TSA is "working on this". I had complained via Twitter in response to one of the usual TSA advertisements that the wait times in PreCheck have increased due to a) the new patdowns and b) the non-registered people using the line. TSA argued that overall, it's still faster. I disagree. Right now, it's about 50-50 when you throw in the slowdowns thanks to the new patdowns and extensive bag checks and the inexperienced/non-registered travelers in the PreCheck line.
I agree!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.