Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The decline of the priority security line

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
The decline of the priority security line

I must be one of the few passengers with consistent priority security access but no PreCheck (I'm getting it soon). I've noticed that more and more airports are not staffing their priority lines, simply having priority customers cut lines, etc. At Laguardia Terminal C today, me and another passenger had to track down a red coat to "create" a priority security line. Have you seen these lines go away at your airports?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
With limited space airports are trying to expand regular lanes and expand PreChek lanes and the old priority lanes are being squeezed out.

If you are soon to have PreChek then I assume that you are planning to pay for it. If you have not already done so, you might explore Global Entry which is $15 more, includes PreChek, and is well worth it if you ever fly internationally.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Travel Safety/Security Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Decline would not be the right word locally. Words like gone, none, disappeared, etc., would be more appropriate. With the regular TSA, PreCheck, and locally available CLEAR lanes there is no room for a priority lane. Been that way for I think a couple of years or more now.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I now have PreCheck. At LGA Terminal C, the PreCheck line is often a bit long. I would love the option to use the Priority Security lane instead' but there really isn't one; the protocol is to bug an official and he/she will simply tell you to skip the line. Not efficient at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.