Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelling on another person's passport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
I see no risk here! Just go for it and report back what happened 😂
Indeed, go for it. Many great novels were started in prison. With luck, you'll get Internet access and continue to post about your experience here.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:23 pm

a) I have no idea about the specific question in the OP. I would imagine it also depends on, say, the use of bribes and fixers.

b) The OP fails to consider the possibility of successfully leaving the aircraft. Wherever you land will have gotten a passenger manifest, and probably be quite interested in arresting you when you land if they know anything about this. Making it onto the aircraft is not sufficient.

c) While I don't know the likelihood of getting caught, the likelihood of winding up prison if caught is probably about 100% (again, modulo bribes etc). There might be situations that are worth that risk, but … at least make sure you have your lawyer's phone number written on your arm in sharpie beforehand. You'll need it.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Possibly. I must say, I'm getting increasingly curious about what is really going on here. Maybe a good idea for the plot of a new Amazon-sposored tv series.
The insight into Thai jails is fascinating to me.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The insight into Thai jails is fascinating to me.
Been there, done that. I used to live in Bangkok many years ago when I was younger. Our driver was jailed for gambling. My father was not impressed. I was very impressed with the inside of a Thai jail.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by JimGateB
Hypothetically speaking, What would be the chances of being stopped if trying to board on another person's passport ( in Suwannabhumi BKK airport)? Say that the two persons look similar although not 100% alike, both from 1 st world european countries and the borrowed passport will not have been reported stolen in any way.

Considering the thai security/procedures, what would you say that the chance of making it onto the flight would be?
If they are are relying on trained humans supposedly they have an accuracy of ~80% picking up false faces in foreigners. Computers are about 95% so there's a reasonable chance you would get away with it without photo recognition or finger prints.

There is close to 100% chance of a prison stay if caught. Thai government officials do not have a sense of humour about these things and like to make examples of westerners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.