AMS new x-ray scans

Old Nov 7, 2016, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
AMS new x-ray scans

You can stay liquid in, and laptop in, as well. You still keep your shoes on once you go through security. AMS has already install a new security scans at piers E/F.

http://news.schiphol.com/test-at-ams...ay-in-the-bag/
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've not had to regularly take shoes off at AMS centralized screening checkpoints.

Not having to take laptops and liquids out has the potential to speed up the checkpoints.

Amusingly, even as the airport's security screening hassles of transiting AMS has dropped for me and may drop further, the passport control lines have gotten worse and the airline security contractors' "interrogations" have gotten worse.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Amusingly, even as the airport's security screening hassles of transiting AMS has dropped for me and may drop further, the passport control lines have gotten worse and the airline security contractors' "interrogations" have gotten worse.
I was pleasantly surprised when I flew out of AMS a few months ago. The new centralized screening was working great and efficiently with little wait. That all went out the window when we got into the exit immigration line which was backing up into the screening area. Pretty lame, especially considering entering The Netherlands took no time at all.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
I was pleasantly surprised when I flew out of AMS a few months ago. The new centralized screening was working great and efficiently with little wait. That all went out the window when we got into the exit immigration line which was backing up into the screening area. Pretty lame, especially considering entering The Netherlands took no time at all.
The exit control lines tend to be longer/slower than the entry control lines at AMS when I'm there.

On US-AMS trips with onward flight connection into the Schengen area, the elimination of having to reclear security during transit at AMS has made some things smoother for me.

If only the security contractors' interrogations ended, I would consider AMS even more for trips to the US. But between those annoying busy bodies and some long taxi times on landing at AMS, I don't choose AMS as much as I would otherwise.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The exit control lines tend to be longer/slower than the entry control lines at AMS when I'm there.

On US-AMS trips with onward flight connection into the Schengen area, the elimination of having to reclear security during transit at AMS has made some things smoother for me.

If only the security contractors' interrogations ended, I would consider AMS even more for trips to the US. But between those annoying busy bodies and some long taxi times on landing at AMS, I don't choose AMS as much as I would otherwise.
I've had no issues when doing the qurstioning at the KLM lounge. However I find the regular agents can be a bit slow/over zealous.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've had no issues when doing the qurstioning at the KLM lounge. However I find the regular agents can be a bit slow/over zealous.
AMS D1 and E4 have been the worst of it there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.