Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Subcontractors

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
TSA Subcontractors

I had no idea that TSA subcontracts work at some airports. Found the document below in my bag when I got home from MCI. A quick Google search found this: https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/screening-partnerships

Learn something new every day.

Not sure if contracting with the lowest bidder is the best way to ensure security.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: QFF
This has been known for a while. It's up to the airport if they want contracted screeners, and then need to convince the TSA to allow it (while the contracted company still has to follow TSA rules).
A number of large airports expressed desire to enter the program when the TSA did their work slow down earlier in the year.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I had no idea that TSA subcontracts work at some airports. Found the document below in my bag when I got home from MCI. A quick Google search found this: https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/screening-partnerships

Learn something new every day.

Not sure if contracting with the lowest bidder is the best way to ensure security.
I see that this notice provides a spot for the person who screened your luggage to put his/her ID. That's something the TSA needs to do to make it easier to track down items missing from screened luggage.

That said, I would imagine that a screener who is going to steal from luggage is not going to leave a note and makes it easier for the TSA to blame baggage handlers and others.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petaluma1
I see that this notice provides a spot for the person who screened your luggage to put his/her ID. That's something the TSA needs to do to make it easier to track down items missing from screened luggage.

That said, I would imagine that a screener who is going to steal from luggage is not going to leave a note and makes it easier for the TSA to blame baggage handlers and others.
Agree, there should be a screener number or other identifier so TSA could quickly understand who screened that particular item. It would not need identify the screener to the public but be used as an internal control.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Or, leave a note with someone else's code.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
That possibility seems a built in incentive to keep control of your inspection cards.
Personal responsibility!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
That possibility seems a built in incentive to keep control of your inspection cards.
Personal responsibility!
Um ... the cards shown above have a blank where inspectors appear to hand-write their screener ID. As far as I can tell, there's nothing that keeps an inspector from hand-writing someone else's screener ID on a card. Personal control of inspection cards has nothing to do with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.