Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Why aren't more people applying for PreCheck?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why aren't more people applying for PreCheck?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, AA GLD, DL FO, Natl Elite
I'm happy I signed up for GE, since I have always received Precheck, but it is a bit of a joke at times. No Precheck lane open at LGA on Sunday night, so I had to take my laptop out. Slow Precheck lanes at DFW that get more congested than the kettle lane. And of course, the random awarding of Precheck to people who have not actually applied for it and who have no idea what they're doing, slowing things down even more!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: united, delta, british
Originally Posted by BigOrangeTerp
I'm happy I signed up for GE, since I have always received Precheck, but it is a bit of a joke at times. No Precheck lane open at LGA on Sunday night, so I had to take my laptop out. Slow Precheck lanes at DFW that get more congested than the kettle lane. And of course, the random awarding of Precheck to people who have not actually applied for it and who have no idea what they're doing, slowing things down even more!
Don't you just hate that they let the rubes fly in the same planes with us sophisticated folks?

Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Yep. My parents are finally getting on board and it's a 4 month wait for them at BOS for GE.

re Privacy issues and fingerprinting -- couldn't care less, I got nothing to hide.

Every time I come through LAX, MIA, DFW, ORD I breeze by the long lines of non GE pax / foreigners and it always ends the same way - handing my machine slip to the Customs officer just before walking out of the airport and him/her saying, "just one question - how happy are you to have Global Entry? You just walked past a line that's close to three hours long." And every time I answer with a smile, "SO happy. Best thing ever. THANK YOU." And I'm on my way.
You also just breezed past hundreds of people who are missing their connections. Thanks, CBP!! 🤒

Last edited by TWA884; Oct 3, 2016 at 9:48 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.