Search

TSA Forgot To Plug In The Scanner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

TSA Forgot To Plug In The Scanner

http://nypost.com/2016/07/26/unplugg...port-security/

Looks like TSA forgot to plug in the scanner at LGA and several travelers entered the secure area without proper screening.

We trust TSA with our safety?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 8:57 am

I assume this would be the metal detector and not the MMW as it would be pretty obvious if the MMW were not plugged in.

"Finding them took about an hour, and they all had to be brought back to the checkpoint to be properly inspected."
So they would not figure to leave their nefarious items behind as they went back to the checkpoint?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pesky Monkey
I assume this would be the metal detector and not the MMW as it would be pretty obvious if the MMW were not plugged in.

"Finding them took about an hour, and they all had to be brought back to the checkpoint to be properly inspected."
So they would not figure to leave their nefarious items behind as they went back to the checkpoint?
Not all were found with several making their flights without proper screening.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
After checking surveillance footage, authorities determined that at least six other passengers who went unscanned were not located and were assumed to have boarded planes, police officials said.
"Well, I mean, we *assume* they boarded planes, but we don't really know for sure. They could all be living in the terminal like Tom Hanks!"
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Not all were found with several making their flights without proper screening.
Geez -- I hope the clowns didn't do a reverse screening of their flights after they landed.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:44 am

At least they didn't shut down the terminal and rescan everyone. Actually it would be both C and D since they are now connected with moving walkways behind security.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
At least they didn't shut down the terminal and rescan everyone. Actually it would be both C and D since they are now connected with moving walkways behind security.
Don't give <redacted by moderator> the TSA any ideas...

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 27, 2016 at 9:47 am Reason: Per sticky thread, term not used in this forum
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
With the trend toward connecting all terminals airside continuing, this practice will become more and more disruptive over the next few years.

My home airport BWI has five airside concourses. A-B-C are all connected, a D-E connector is under construction (will be completed next year), and the airport authority is trying to program a C-D connector by 2018, meaning that a terminal dump would require emptying every single person from the airside half of the terminal and rescreening them all. That could delay dozens of flights in a single afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.