Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

New CBP Border Security TV Show. Which Channel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Found these shows on Youtube and they seem to be fairly new (one episode shows a traveler's document dated in 2015). They are called Border Security: America's Front Line. The producers are the same as those that did the ones for the CBSA. But since they cancelled the CBSA versions due to privacy violations, they started to work on a CBP version. The episodes have aired on Global TV, a Canadian Channel. I have thus far not found any airing on any domestic channels. In the past there was Homeland Security USA that aired on ABC.

Has anyone found the new episodes on a domestic network?

Locations of the filming thus far:
JFK
DTW
ORD
Ambassador Bridge (MI/ON)
Blue Water Bridge (MI/ON)
Peace Bridge (NY/ON)
Pacific Hwy Crossing (WA/BC)

Episode 1:
Episode 2:
Episode 3:
Episode 4:
Episode 5:
Episode 6:
Episode 7:
Episode 8:
Episode 9:
Episode 10:
Episode 11:
Episode 12:
Episode 13: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHl...5jL6FiweuWwEHw
Episode 14:
Episode 15:
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:17 am

I remember they had a show about the CBP (and occasionally even TSA) a while back. Yep, I found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_Security_USA It is from 2009. I guess I should have read the original post more carefully to avoid redundancy ;-)

I like this kind of shows, so looking forward to it.

Last edited by König; Jul 12, 2016 at 11:31 am
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks. "To Catch a Smuggler" on Nat Geo was a good show. You can find the old episodes on, I don't know, iTunes I think.

Then of course there's "Border Wars," but I don't like that one as much.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
There's one on Netflix involving Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by seawolf
There's one on Netflix involving Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
So glad when I also found it on Netflix. Been a fan of the show for years.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
"To Catch a Smuggler" focused on airport CBP officers. Mostly at JFK if I recall. It was interesting to see footage of secondary inspection and how they get people caught with drugs to confess by acting like "good cops" and saying "You're just the little fish, we don't care about you, tell us who gave you the drugs and we'll help you. Then the smuggler confesses that yes, he knew he was carrying drugs, and the officers all high five each other for getting an air tight prosecutable case.

I was led to believe from the show, perhaps erroneously, that if drugs are found in someone's checked luggage and that person says nothing, the case may not be prosecuted.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by jphripjah
"I was led to believe from the show, perhaps erroneously, that if drugs are found in someone's checked luggage and that person says nothing, the case may not be prosecuted.

"Might not be prosecuted" is the correct way to state that, which is quite different from "may not." All depends on the facts of each individual case. Prosecutors have very wide latitude in the exercise of their discretion; just ask a former secretary of state how that worked for her....
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:01 pm

Agreed. Might not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.