Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Wheel chair pusher question [JFK T8 on June 21 3:00 pm]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:44 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

While I was waiting to go through the scanning machine, a [contract?] agent rolled a woman in a wheel chair up to the scanner, she got out of the WC and walked through, the pusher was permitted to roll the WC through a gate which was opened for him--he did NOT go through the detector; isn't there a potential security risk in the way this is handled?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
While I was waiting to go through the scanning machine, a [contract?] agent rolled a woman in a wheel chair up to the scanner, she got out of the WC and walked through, the pusher was permitted to roll the WC through a gate which was opened for him--he did NOT go through the detector; isn't there a potential security risk in the way this is handled?
Good heavens, no! He's had a background check.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
Did you notice if the wheelchair pusher, was pushing the individual from the TDC queue?

Did the wheelchair pusher take the individual to the gate?

Did you notice if anyone screened the whhelchair?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:37 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gingersnaps
Did you notice if the wheelchair pusher, was pushing the individual from the TDC queue?

Did the wheelchair pusher take the individual to the gate?

Did you notice if anyone screened the whhelchair?
All that I could observe was what took place at the TSA screening area. The WC was NOT screened.
I assume that since the woman needed a WC to get to security, coupled with the pusher going through the "special" lane with the WC, that he would take her to the gate.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by nrr
All that I could observe was what took place at the TSA screening area. The WC was NOT screened.
I assume that since the woman needed a WC to get to security, coupled with the pusher going through the "special" lane with the WC, that he would take her to the gate.
Do you recall the lane number?

Members of Congress are interested in this kind of information. The more information that can be provided assistes the apprppriate committee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.