Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Kelly Hogan bonuses... upwards of 20K in one day

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 10:08 am
Original Poster

A chart about Kelly Hogan's bonus payments was put up by Congress yesterday. I cannot find that flowchart today.

Kelly Hogan, who should have been held accountable for the 95% failure rate of airport screening - both private and TSA, received upwards of $20,000 in bonuses in a single day. A second flowchart showed how it was done.

A second charts shows that John Halinski would instruct Joseph Salvator to recommend Kelly Hogan for a bonus. John Halinski would then approve the bonus.

John Halinski is no longer with TSA.

Joseph Salvator, who until recently led the TSA’s intelligence and analysis office, had several complaints against him, including three charges of lack of candor sustained by an internal investigation, according to a whistleblower complaint. But instead of being fired, as recommended, Salvator was demoted. Lack of candor is a common reason for a federal employee to be terminated.

As BoggieDog posted yesterday, TSA management does not even understand their problem.

Last edited by gingersnaps; May 13, 2016 at 10:16 am
Old May 16, 2016, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gingersnaps
A chart about Kelly Hogan's bonus payments was put up by Congress yesterday. I cannot find that flowchart today.

Kelly Hogan, who should have been held accountable for the 95% failure rate of airport screening - both private and TSA, received upwards of $20,000 in bonuses in a single day. A second flowchart showed how it was done.

A second charts shows that John Halinski would instruct Joseph Salvator to recommend Kelly Hogan for a bonus. John Halinski would then approve the bonus.

John Halinski is no longer with TSA.

Joseph Salvator, who until recently led the TSA’s intelligence and analysis office, had several complaints against him, including three charges of lack of candor sustained by an internal investigation, according to a whistleblower complaint. But instead of being fired, as recommended, Salvator was demoted. Lack of candor is a common reason for a federal employee to be terminated.

As BoggieDog posted yesterday, TSA management does not even understand their problem.
We're not ignoring you... I guess nobody was surprised...

FYI, we dubbed Halinski the Village Idiot after this hearing:

Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.) seemed disappointed, if not incredulous, when Halinski did not know how much of his agency’s funding was restored in the temporary budget measure Congress recently passed.

“I don’t have that right in front of me, sir,” Halinski said.

Cummings, the ranking Democrat on the full committee, wanted to be helpful to the administration’s witness, but he felt a need to chastise.

“You’ve got to anticipate some questions,” Cummings instructed, “and that’s one you should have anticipated.” Cummings was calm and gentle, but it was a spanking just the same.

Halinski got the message: “I don’t have those costs right in front of me, sir,” he said. “Next time I’ll be better prepared.”
Not to worry... the VI landed on his feet as a Senior Fellow at the GWU Center for Cyber and Homeland Security. He is also CEO of S ​& R Investments LLC. It's a rather crude and amateurish website. You would think that they would have hired a high school kid to design their website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.