Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSO Shouting Instructions: "Nothing else in the Universe w/your laptop"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSO Shouting Instructions: "Nothing else in the Universe w/your laptop"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
As far as the agents' behavior, whatever happened to the Golden Rule? Maybe someone needs to videotape these guys, hire & record actors to say the exact same things, then play it back to the agents and see what they think of it. Things often look a lot different when you're seeing it in other people.

But they definitely need hospitality training. Whether TSA (and the airlines) realize it, they're in the hospitality business. And I'd rather the TSA blow millions on Disney/Ritz training than useless technology which slows things down and is worse than what it's replacing.
Even better, have the actors re-create the exact same body language, tone and words in other settings.

Scene of TSO yelling "I don't care if your water bottle is from the White House" at the airport. Smash-cut to Doctors Office Receptionist pointing to the no food/drink sign on someone coming in to sign in, "I don't care if your water bottle is from the White House." Scene of TSO yelling "When you come into MY scanner, this is what you'll do!"; Smash-cut to a grocery store clerk "When you come to MY scanner, this is what you'll do!". Etc.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Well, I asked @AskTSA about it. We'll see if they say anything.
Is this you?

https://twitter.com/AskTSA/status/722881295668396032
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:03 pm

"2ndly ... with a laptop... in a bin by itself.... nothing else that exists in this universe in the bin with the laptop..."

Excuse me sir, I cant get all of the air out of the bin. What do you want me to do.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Nope, wasn't me.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by NoClu
"2ndly ... with a laptop... in a bin by itself.... nothing else that exists in this universe in the bin with the laptop..."

Excuse me sir, I cant get all of the air out of the bin. What do you want me to do.
Don't try to use logic when discussing the TSA. Its useless
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:00 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
Yep, the "blank stares" I get from TSOs when my answer to the pre-grope question "Do you have anything in your pockets?" is:
Yes, air.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:11 pm

Worse than a mosquito. Should be swatted.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Unpredictability is a deliberate tactic to confuse turrists

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.