Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA signs prohibiting filming

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Where does TSA derive authority to limit the taking of photos of anything in plain sight?
They have none, but they've asserted that they do in the past. After a few landmark court cases some years ago, most of the TSA signs prohibiting photos disappeared from airports around the country.

This one does look to me like it's meant for the Cosby booths, as opposed to public terminal areas.

I see three possibilities:
1) The sign is actually above the entrance to one of the Cosby boxes and Sai's friend didn't know that
2) The sign was accidentally placed in the c/p when it was supposed to go at the entrance to the Cosby box
3) The BOS FSD or one of his AFSDs put the sign up intentionally, because they think that People With Cameras are all terr'ists scoping out BOS as a Prime Target for a Brussels style attack that will make 9/11 look like the work of amateurs! We gotta stop 'em! They're gonna kill us all! 9/11! 9/11! 9/11! <runs in circles flapping arms like chicken>
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Where does TSA derive authority to limit the taking of photos of anything in plain sight?
The authority to put up a sign, and the authority that derives from masses that do not question authority.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.