72 DHS Employees on Terrorist Watch List

Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by WillCAD
"This phone call may be recorded for customer assurance purposes."

"These premises under video surveillance."

"By signing this application, you agree to allow [potential employer] to conduct a background check..."

"By signing this application, you agree to allow [bank] to conduct a credit history search..."

"By accepting this position, you agree to allow [employer] to monitor your whereabouts and activities through video surveillance and computer monitoring..."

"Step out of the car, please, sir. Do you mind if I have a look in your trunk?"

"May we come in and speak to you, sir? We have some questions regarding [crime]..."

Plenty.

Of course, you may be thinking only of Jack Bauer surveilling Conrad Seigfried or Doctor Klaw by sitting across the street in a black SUV, taking pictures with a 15-pound, $20,000 professional DSLR camera, but that's not the only kind of surveillance there is.
Okay, my bad, apparently I was mistaken in assuming the implication was clear we were talking about covert surveillance of a target of a security or criminal investigation.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WillCAD
"This phone call may be recorded for customer assurance purposes."

"These premises under video surveillance."

"By signing this application, you agree to allow [potential employer] to conduct a background check..."

"By signing this application, you agree to allow [bank] to conduct a credit history search..."

"By accepting this position, you agree to allow [employer] to monitor your whereabouts and activities through video surveillance and computer monitoring..."

"Step out of the car, please, sir. Do you mind if I have a look in your trunk?"

"May we come in and speak to you, sir? We have some questions regarding [crime]..."

Plenty.
And once the consent search/monitoring is authorized by the target, the findings may be accessible and permissible for use in a way they may not have otherwise been, including to perhaps seek a warrant and use a more fresh investigative trail (so as not to risk the objective or sources/methods by using the original investigative trail that flagged the target).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.