Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

No security questions bound for US flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Does the foreign airlines will not answer security questions, am I correct? I'm flying back to PHX via LHR. I'm taking on British Airways. I don't have answer the questions. Does anyone know about it?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by N830MH
Does the foreign airlines will not answer security questions, am I correct? I'm flying back to PHX via LHR. I'm taking on British Airways. I don't have answer the questions. Does anyone know about it?
I fly BA often from LHR to the US. Most times, I merely present my US passport and travel without questions from BA or anyone else working at LHR. If I fly AA on the same route, the chances of being questioned jump up big time.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Someone already answered your question here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post25789090
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I fly BA often from LHR to the US. Most times, I merely present my US passport and travel without questions from BA or anyone else working at LHR. If I fly AA on the same route, the chances of being questioned jump up big time.
Thanks!! I don't have any security questions. I wasn't sure about that. I don't have worry about it.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
That sounds like our experience or at least I don't remember any questions from BA. Now on AA this past summer I do remember the old standard security questions being asked. By old standard I mean the "Did you pack your own bag?", "Have they been in your control the whole time?", "Did anybody give you something to carry for them?", and so on. I mean they're not exactly invasive and certainly not hard to answer. Asked or not asked they're nothing to worry about one way or the other. The only reason I remember them being asked is because it was done by an agent going person to person in the line waiting to get to the ticket agent. Earned us a little initialed sticker on the back of our passports.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Randyk47
That sounds like our experience or at least I don't remember any questions from BA. Now on AA this past summer I do remember the old standard security questions being asked. By old standard I mean the "Did you pack your own bag?", "Have they been in your control the whole time?", "Did anybody give you something to carry for them?", and so on. I mean they're not exactly invasive and certainly not hard to answer. Asked or not asked they're nothing to worry about one way or the other. The only reason I remember them being asked is because it was done by an agent going person to person in the line waiting to get to the ticket agent. Earned us a little initialed sticker on the back of our passports.
When I transit LHR to get onto an AA flight from LHR to the US, the airline/contractors (for the airline) tend to ask me different kinds of questions -- one sort if I check in airside for the AA flight, and more of the above sort if I check in land-side.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:36 pm

When I transit LHR to get onto an AA flight from LHR to the US, the airline/contractors (for the airline) tend to ask me different kinds of questions -- one sort if I check in airside for the AA flight, and more of the above sort if I check in land-side.
Right. The standard questions I mentioned were asked when we were checking land-side. I don't recall any questions air-side but I rarely go to the gate agent unless I requesting/wait listed for an upgrade and all my foreign travel is booked as first or business so upgrading typically isn't an issue.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:42 pm

American carriers hire ICTS agents to question you in certain destinations (Europe and/or Muslim countries).

Foreign carriers do not (except El Al) for the most part, although with the US wanted to expand pre-clearance on foreign airports, this could change and bring the questioning to your country.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Earned us a little initialed sticker on the back of our passports.
My passport must have 50-60 of those round colored stickers, some applied over older ones. I hate the messy appearance they leave. Occasional I scrape them off.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by timfountain
My passport must have 50-60 of those round colored stickers, some applied over older ones. I hate the messy appearance they leave. Occasional I scrape them off.
Best to remove those stickers as soon as possible after the flight departs in order to minimize the leftover stuff to be picked off, if not wanting the stickers. That said, I've noticed things go quicker for me when the person who signed off on a prior sticker on the back of my passport notices their own prior sticker and marking on it.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:01 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Originally Posted by FateSucks
American carriers hire ICTS agents to question you in certain destinations (Europe and/or Muslim countries).

Foreign carriers do not (except El Al) for the most part, although with the US wanted to expand pre-clearance on foreign airports, this could change and bring the questioning to your country.
There is pre-clearance now in AUH (for a little over a year I think). I've been through it twice - no questions asked (thank goodness) with Etihad.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Quite interestingly I was not asked any security questions the other day when boarding a UA flight to the U.S. That was a first... [On a US carrier!]
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:16 am

I have been asked by some airline agent like" you packed your bags? blah blah in europe to US flight.

Hey what is the small green round stickers on back of passport? Some 2 or 3 digit numbers written by pen on it. Had that one my flights from Asia. Should I remove it?

Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I have been asked by some airline agent like" you packed your bags? blah blah in europe to US flight.

Hey what is the small green round stickers on back of passport? Some 2 or 3 digit numbers written by pen on it. Had that one my flights from Asia. Should I remove it?

Thanks
No reason to keep the stickers so we peal them off once we get to our destination.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:09 pm

No reason to keep the stickers so we peal them off once we get to our destination.
What is the sticker applied for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.