Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Another TSA multiple-layers-of-security "success" story

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:57 pm
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite

Another TSA multiple-layers-of-security "success" story:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-tsa-security/

The TSA spokesperson's comments are typical.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I respectfully disagree.

I didn't think I'd live to see the day when a TSA spokesperson would publicly admit, in clear and unambiguous language, that:

Our TSA agent made a mistake
Too bad they weren't willing to admit that the clown who confiscated the Buzz Lightyear grip toy (and all the other clowns at the checkpoint who backed his decision) made a mistake.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:40 pm

Except that, in this case, it wasn't TSA's "layers" of security that made the catch. It was the airline that noticed that two people tried to use the same boarding pass. For the airline, their concern was probably a whole lot more about revenue than security.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Except that, in this case, it wasn't TSA's "layers" of security that made the catch. It was the airline that noticed that two people tried to use the same boarding pass. For the airline, their concern was probably a whole lot more about revenue than security.
Indeed, airlines have a much more complicated security environment than the TSA.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
She concluded, “We are aware of the incident. … Our TSA agent made a mistake to properly identify the individual. However, there are multiple layers of security in place. … Both the ticketed passenger and the other individual were fully screened.”
Great! So we really don't need ID checks to keep us safe. When will those be eliminated?

Mike
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:17 pm
KDS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Except that, in this case, it wasn't TSA's "layers" of security that made the catch.
Yep, my comment and title are with my tongue firmly embedded in my cheek and gums.

TSA is a joke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.