Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA agent: "I'm sorry, the picture on your GE card isnt acceptable"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA agent: "I'm sorry, the picture on your GE card isnt acceptable"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by JoJo12
Here in Oregon, they give you a temp paper license along with your old license with a hole punched in it.
Punching a hole in your expired driver's license? That's insane. The only proper way is to have the corner clipped off.

Either way works I suppose.

Last edited by DaveBlaine; Nov 10, 2015 at 8:03 am Reason: PAGE 5 OWNAGE
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A punched hole or clipped corner doesn't make the card any less valuable for identity purposes.

A drivers license is not an identity card it, is a permit to operate motor vehicles. Being out of date by a few months should not even be a topic for discussion by the TSA Brain Trust.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...-valid-id.html
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
A punched hole or clipped corner doesn't make the card any less valuable for identity purposes.

A drivers license is not an identity card it, is a permit to operate motor vehicles. Being out of date by a few months should not even be a topic for discussion by the TSA Brain Trust.
Well, for that whether one has ID at all or not shouldn't either. Sadly, when enfrcing its authoriteh the TSA insists on it.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Well, for that whether one has ID at all or not shouldn't either. Sadly, when enfrcing its authoriteh the TSA insists on it.
I agree completely. ID has no bearing on the physical security screening process.

The system vets each traveler during the ticketing process. Those that can use OLCI or KIOSK have been successfully checked electronically and those that must get a ticket at the counter have to show ID to the airline representative in order to get a ticket.

TSA's ID checking is a complete waste of time and money. A contract employee could be stationed to ensure each person has a ticket or gate pass saving our tax dollars for actual security screening.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Pup7
My obviously Brit husband got told by TSA once that his military dependent ID card was invalid because he's not American.
This is bad even by TSA's standards. I would have played along acting shocked pretending that you thought his was American and that he has been lying to you all this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.