TSA Screener Charged with Molestation

Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://abc7ny.com/news/police-tsa-ag...uardia/960533/

TSA AGENT CHARGED IN MOLESTATION AT LAGUARDIA AIRPORT

A TSA agent is accused of sexually assaulted a woman at LaGuardia Airport after telling her she needed to be searched in the bathroom.

I don't find this surprising at all.

TSA needs to be forced to display all aspects of a screening so travelers have something to refer to when things seem to be odd.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:03 am

TSA agent arrested for on-duty molestation

Story is here

I wonder if he'll claim that it was "just her interpretation", like the perv that molested Morrissey.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by nachtnebel
Story is here

I wonder if he'll claim that it was "just her interpretation", like the perv that molested Morrissey.
I'm sure it's OK.

If it wasn't, I'm sure one of the many other TSOs, LTSOs and STSOs standing around would have 'seen something' and 'said something'.

Assuming they weren't too busy with their cellphones and personal conversations, of course.

I'm a bit confused about the genders, though - a male TSO went into a women's restroom at the airport?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:24 am

not new behavior

At Reagan a few years back, TSA clerks were strip searching women in stairwells:

In a report on WJLA Channel 7 News last night, unidentified screeners at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport said women were being selected for private screening based on breast size and strip-searched. The searches were required after screeners kicked equipment to set off alarms.

“In a sense, they were being raped,” one TSA screener said.

Strip searches were being conducted in a stairwell, WJLA reported, but were moved to a supervisor’s private office where the activities were recorded on a hidden camera.
This isn't isolated, IMO. Nor is what the TSA clowns pulled in Denver deliberately molesting male passengers.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's all about the authority-demanding (intimidating) cop-like badge and uniform. Kippie and Skeletor must be proud. I wonder how they would feel if the victim was one of THEIR daughters?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:55 pm

A male tSA searched a woman in the batroom? How SICK is not that.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:12 pm

Three comments.

I wonder how many other times this TSO has done something like this.

I wonder how many other TSOs saw 'something' and chose not to 'say something'.

I wonder what his rank was - one-striper, BDO, Spotnik?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

One comment:

TSA, SSDD!!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:21 am

She was an Asian and maybe this TSA agent thought she doesn't know her rights and she was a stupid? TSA & CBP have mostly pathetic and worst people! They assume you are a guilty of something and deserve mistreatment.

We have been harassed by CBP agents & they are not easy to fight back. Wish CBP actually handles complaints and resolve complaints but they don't. We live under authoriterian rule
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by chollie
Three comments.

I wonder how many other times this TSO has done something like this.

I wonder how many other TSOs saw 'something' and chose not to 'say something'.

I wonder what his rank was - one-striper, BDO, Spotnik?
According to the NY Post article, he was a supervisor.

The comment of one cop about this creep: “This guy is a real predator"

You can be sure he's done it before.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petaluma1

Another example of why no TSA screening should be conducted behind closed doors of any kind nor should TSA employees be allowed to wander around terminals past the checkpoint.

I think it is time to equip each and every TSA employee with body cams/audio if they have a job that requires direct contact with passengers or passengers baggage.

It is obvious that TSA employees cannot be trusted.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by petaluma1

And not a single one of his co-workers ever 'saw something' - or, more likely, they saw 'something' but decided not to 'say something'.

Making them nearly as guilty as him.

He's been on the job for thirteen years and none of his co-workers ever saw him do anything they should say something about.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chollie
And not a single one of his co-workers ever 'saw something' - or, more likely, they saw 'something' but decided not to 'say something'.

Making them nearly as guilty as him.

He's been on the job for thirteen years and none of his co-workers ever saw him do anything they should say something about.
I think the problem is much more severe than you suggest.

Senior TSA leadership has over the years created an agency culture where TSA employee actions cannot be questioned or the passenger is interfereing with the screening process and where there is general overbearing mandate to obey any and all commands of a TSA employee, or be threatened with the loss on ones freedom to travel.

The TSA screener named in this incident is the product of TSA's leadership and represents the tip of an iceberg.

TSA as we now know it is too corrupt to ever be a trusted agency.

I cannot grasp how any person with even basic moral values can be part of TSA.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:53 pm

I found the official criminal docket (Queens Criminal Court, Case # 2015QN043395, Judge Drysdale).

Charges (& quotes of the NY penal law matching each):

1. PL 195.00 01 - Official Misconduct of Public Servant Performing Il[legal?] F[u?]nc[tion?] (class A misdemeanor)

"A public servant is guilty of official misconduct when, with intent to obtain a benefit or deprive another person of a benefit:
1. He commits an act relating to his office but constituting an unauthorized exercise of his official functions, knowing that such act is unauthorized"

2. PL 130.55 00 Sexual Abuse, 3rd degree (class B misdemeanor)

"A person is guilty of sexual abuse in the third degree when he or she subjects another person to sexual contact without the latter`s consent; "

3. PL 135.05 00 Unlawful Imprisonment, 2nd degree (class A misdemeanor)

"A person is guilty of unlawful imprisonment in the second degree when he restrains another person."

4. PL 240.26 01 Harassment, 2nd degree / Physical contact (Violation)

"A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when, with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person:
1. He or she strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects such other person to physical contact, or attempts or threatens to do the same;"

Punishment amounts for those classes of misdemeanor
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not a single felony. That is not justice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.