Border control together

Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+
Border control together

Hello!
I'm an adult and travelling with my Dad to NYC. (his first time). His English is quite poor and I was wondering whether we could henter as a "family" and go together to the customs agent or whether this is not an option since I'm no longer a child (unfortunately almost 30 years old ).

He could probably make himself understood, but I'd feel better if I could translate if there are any confusions.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by trello
Hello!
I'm an adult and travelling with my Dad to NYC. (his first time). His English is quite poor and I was wondering whether we could henter as a "family" and go together to the customs agent or whether this is not an option since I'm no longer a child (unfortunately almost 30 years old ).

He could probably make himself understood, but I'd feel better if I could translate if there are any confusions.
It's generally expected that families (immediate, extended, whatever) go through immigration and customs together.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by trello
Hello!

Totally fine. Families generally go through together, even if they aren't "kids." In fact, I would imagine that the CBP officer would probably prefer that you be there to translate if necessary.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.