Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Gaping hole in process after random selection

Gaping hole in process after random selection

Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
I am often asked why I opt out. At a 55 YO businessman I say "Hey, if I want to carry a bag of weed in my crotch thats my business not yours- You can pat me down but not look under my clothes". Some of them get quite the laugh.

Actually my reason is simply passive resistance. Honestly if everyone was getting pat downs Id opt out for the scanner.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Often1
The bags have been inspected so there is no more risk in someone else grabbing them and boarding than if you grab them and board.
False. Triggering of the 'freedom grope' requires that bags be tested again and to a higher standard (xray/visual & TES). By policy they have been rendered uninspected.

I don't think there's a real concern here.
That part's true, but only because there is no real threat in the first place.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:24 pm

A good friend is an FBI Agent and he always most of what we do only keeps the honest people honest and maybe the dumbest bad apples, but the real bad apples (with any sort of brain) will find a way to do their bad activities no matter how we try to stop them.

None of this stuff is going to be perfect, though I admit it seems TSA is less (maybe far less?) perfect than other agencies or groups dealing with security issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.