Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strip search rights?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tanja
I wrote the word "ready". Meaning she was not into having somebody touching her privates/body.Just let us say it is not very pleasent at all. It does really HURT.
No, what you wrote was this.

If a female is not "ready/old enough/developed ' to have "something incerted in her.

The three qualifiers you listed suggest to me that you were more concerned about age or development.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JadeAngel
I've been reading so many like this. Quite a few happening to solo female travelers coming in from Canada. However male or female, it's not right. I completely agree with you in your opinion and I wouldn't hold my breath either.
They're given way too much power, especially to do this against someone's will
Can you request a strip search be done by a member of the opposite sex?

This might be requested if one doesn't want to risk being searched by a gay man or lesbian woman.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Schmurrr
Sounds like another reason to end the war on drugs.
You are 100% correct. And, of course, that would make you entirely unelectable. Brutal common sense doesn't go over too well. Sigh, there's that word again. Speaking of which...

Originally Posted by MaxBuck
"Involuntary penetration of a person" is a peculiar way to characterize a genital exam given by a physician, even if the person did not want to be so examined. But whatever. You all use the word however you wish.
I'll have to admit, I couldn't make it to the end of that article. The description of the rape of that woman (Yes, it was rape. The fact that it was done by people with badges and MDs doesn't make it any less so.) was too disgusting for me to bear.

Mike
Old May 4, 2015, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Box5
Can you request a strip search be done by a member of the opposite sex?

This might be requested if one doesn't want to risk being searched by a gay man or lesbian woman.
I know they automatically assign the same gender to do the searches but I'm not certain if a request for the opposite sex would be granted
Old May 4, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
No, what you wrote was this.

The three qualifiers you listed suggest to me that you were more concerned about age or development.
I was concerned mostly for her not being "accepting it /ready" I dont know the correct words for it.

And it is different to make your own appoinment with a physician. Then trying to "travel" and beind forced to have an exam.
They are just opposite each other.
None pleasent. But one you wanted/needed.
Who on earth need that for travelling?

Last edited by essxjay; May 8, 2015 at 12:32 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old May 4, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tanja
And it is different to make your own appoinment with a physician. Then trying to "travel" and beind forced to have an exam.
They are just opposite each other.
None pleasent. But one you wanted/needed.
Who on earth need that for travelling?
Agree completely.

What happen to this woman was not a medical exam.

A medical exam is done for the benefit of the patients health.

Nothing that was done to this lady by CBP or the doctors of the El Paso University Medical Center were done to benefit the lady.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Agree completely.

What happen to this woman was not a medical exam.

A medical exam is done for the benefit of the patients health.

Nothing that was done to this lady by CBP or the doctors of the El Paso University Medical Center were done to benefit the lady.
No this was a very sadistic exam. she can have health problems for rest of her life. Plus emotional problems. I dont understand at all. This has nothing to do with drug smuggling or security. Just very "sick" controlling people. Would they do that to their mothers, wife, sister, daughter or friend. Of cause not.
Karma will catch this one.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:05 am

FWIW, here's a recent D.C. District Court decision (US v. Kim, No. 13-0100-ABJ, May 8, 2015) on this issue.

It ruled (like the other decision I referenced) that a forensic laptop search may not be done by CBP without reasonable suspicion.

It's not about strip searches, but does show a limit to border search. (Warrant still not required, though.)
Old Aug 22, 2021, 5:30 am

Programs: Delta, United
My daughter and her boyfriend went on vacation to Dubai a couple weeks back and transited through Abu Dhabi where, with no explanation at all, they were pulled into an office and had their baggage ransacked, and the boyfriend being strip-searched. No reason given, and with a very aggressive approach. I've heard more and more tales like this recently. What a terrible way to treat tourists spending money in their country.
Spiff and gsoltso like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.