Original Poster

Pre-Check was a joke this AM

Congrats to my home airport for
Making pre-check the slowest lane out of the five open lanes this morning! 👏
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Have your pre-check privileges been restored or were you observing this from another line?

Any reason that you could determine for it being so slow?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:23 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If PreCheck LLL type screening were the default norm for passengers, then it wouldn't be as bad as it was.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Have your pre-check privileges been restored or were you observing this from another line?

Any reason that you could determine for it being so slow?
Reinstated a few months ago.

Last edited by sunnyjl; Apr 29, 2015 at 9:25 pm
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If PreCheck LLL type screening were the default norm for passengers, then it wouldn't be as bad as it was.
Well I think we all know that's not going to happen. Whenever you throw people into pre-check who have no idea how it works, or don't even know how to pack properly, this is what you get. At least put the "randoms" into one line and the "real" pre-checkers in another. To top it off, people were coming off the BP checker and just joining in, thereby cutting in line. Not sure how or why they thought that was acceptable. Just a total Mongolian cluster dance.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:14 am

Well I think we all know that's not going to happen. Whenever you throw people into pre-check who have no idea how it works, or don't even know how to pack properly, this is what you get. At least put the "randoms" into one line and the "real" pre-checkers in another. To top it off, people were coming off the BP checker and just joining in, thereby cutting in line. Not sure how or why they thought that was acceptable. Just a total Mongolian cluster dance.
I went through MCO last year and more than half of the people were getting funneled into the Pre Check line. They had one TSA worker calmly explaining not to remove shoes, keep liquids in bags, etc. Everybody seemed to be following the instructions and everything went smoothly. I don't know if it worked because people were already broken by Disney, but somehow it worked.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I think we all know that's not going to happen. Whenever you throw people into pre-check who have no idea how it works, or don't even know how to pack properly, this is what you get. At least put the "randoms" into one line and the "real" pre-checkers in another. To top it off, people were coming off the BP checker and just joining in, thereby cutting in line. Not sure how or why they thought that was acceptable.

Just a total Mongolian cluster dance.
Describes anything TSA.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

^
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Describes anything TSA.
^^^^
Old May 1, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
This was last year when I was in a pre-check line at DEN. There was a family in front of me that was: removing shoes, belts, computers, etc. I asked the TSA clerk near the machine why he didn't explain to people they didn't have to do all this and he said, "that's not my job." Thanks for nothing.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:27 am

Dedicate yet more resources disproportionately?

The simple solution is to use the same procedures in every lane. Flyers will figure that out quickly enough.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Describes anything TSA.
Hardly. Mongolian Cluster Dancing requires tremendous skill, discipline, and coordination, as well as being fun to watch.
Old May 7, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by spd476
I went through MCO last year and more than half of the people were getting funneled into the Pre Check line. They had one TSA worker calmly explaining not to remove shoes, keep liquids in bags, etc. Everybody seemed to be following the instructions and everything went smoothly. I don't know if it worked because people were already broken by Disney, but somehow it worked.
When I went through MCO in February, they had implemented PreCheck-level screening for everyone. No divisions, no separate queues. They had set up about a half-dozen ETD stations past the TDC, and everyone got a swab, then got sent to the WTMD. Non-barking, reasonably friendly TSOs were instructing everyone to keep their belts, shoes, and light jackets on, laptops in their bags, and the throngs went smoothly. I did see someone getting the NOS, but only after alarming the WTMD.

Best screening experience I've had in five years.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Hardly. Mongolian Cluster Dancing requires tremendous skill, discipline, and coordination, as well as being fun to watch.
That does appear to be true.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.