Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN TSA rigs WBI in order to grope male genitals

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: TSA TSO
Originally Posted by mikeef
Unfortunately, my somewhat dry sense of humor doesn't always translate to the internet. The incidents of theft at the checkpoint should be zero.

What is an assistant administrator? Does the assistant administrator have a vice-assistant administrator in case something happens to him/her?

I think I've discovered part of the reason that the budget is so high...

Mik
Yes, all offices have a Deputy Assistant Administrator under the AA. Followed by Division Directors for the subdivisions.

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Since you asked.....

All of the Program Offices senior position are titled as Assistant Administrators with the exception of Fancine Kerner who is listed as Chief Counsel.

It certainly seems to be an awful lot of senior executive types.

http://www.tsa.gov/about-tsa/leadership
Well, the head of FAMS is dual-hatted as the Assistant Administrator for the Office of Law Enforcement and Director of the Federal Air Marshal Service.

That and all of the AAs and DAAs are not regular Senior Executive Service (SES), they're considered Transportation Security Executive Service (TSES). Just like us TSOs aren't General Schedule but our own unique little pay band system.

Because hey, we're TSA, we do things differently!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by LoganTSO
Like rub children's genitals and conspire to commit sexual assault!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, all offices have a Deputy Assistant Administrator under the AA. Followed by Division Directors for the subdivisions.

Well, the head of FAMS is dual-hatted as the Assistant Administrator for the Office of Law Enforcement and Director of the Federal Air Marshal Service.

That and all of the AAs and DAAs are not regular Senior Executive Service (SES), they're considered Transportation Security Executive Service (TSES). Just like us TSOs aren't General Schedule but our own unique little pay band system.

You might want to rephrase that comment.

Is what happened at Denver just because TSA does things differently?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only thing the special title means is that they can only compete against themselves for cash awards and Presidential Rank awards in their own separate pot (pains me just to think about a TSA SES getting a rank award or cash award.) The intelligence community has the same thing: Senior Intelligence Service (SIS).
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: TSA TSO
You might want to rephrase that comment.

Is what happened at Denver just because TSA does things differently?
Nope. What happened is Denver is an anomaly.

My comment is in regards to TSA being excepted service compared to the competitive service the majority of the government uses, the lack of Title 5 because we're excepted service and our pay band vs pay grade system.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My comment is in regards to TSA being excepted service compared to the competitive service the majority of the government uses, the lack of Title 5 because we're excepted service and our pay band vs pay grade system.
Was it? Denver was just the most recent criminal act by a TSA employee. The criminality throughout TSA deserves an independent investigation.

I have no idea how TSA employee pay scales were establish and to be truthful I don't really care. Airport security screening is not a high skill job and hardly deserves the benefits that other federal employees enjoy.

The creation of TSA was a mistake that needs to be corrected.

Last edited by Boggie Dog; Apr 25, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA
If it is an anomaly it is one that has been "anomalized" in at least one other location. At least if my own experience counts for anything.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:34 am
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by KDS
I'll be flying from DEN in a week. DEN is one checkpoint where I usually have difficulties even with PreCheck; I'm kinda wondering how they'll react to my normal "pushback" activities that day.
Came through DEN this morning. I must say, it has to have been one of the quietest travels through this checkpoint I've seen in many years. No yelling by TSOs at the pax to remove items, etc. No idle chit-chat by the "magic pen" (sorry, at DEN, it's magic ink stamper) TSOs. Just lines of people moving through the area.

I did notice that over 50% of the people going through the MMWs had to have secondary patdowns...pretty normal failure rate to what I see at other airports.

I did notice that a female with about 1/2-inch of close-cropped, curly hair had her hair patted down after exiting the scanner. I still don't understand why that is done? A 1/2-inch hair length doesn't allow much opportunity to "conceal" anything in the hair.

And I did see a TSO patting down men coming out of one MMW. From my distance, I could not tell from body features if the TSO was male or female, but my initial impressions were female. Of course that could not possibly be so, cause TSA doesn't allow cross-gender patdowns, right?

And, alas, today's excursion confirms my suspicions that it is not possible to SDOO to WTMDs anymore at DEN...unless you get PreCheck, it's the scanner or the grope. Great non-choices.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by KDS
And, alas, today's excursion confirms my suspicions that it is not possible to SDOO to WTMDs anymore at DEN...unless you get PreCheck, it's the scanner or the grope. Great non-choices.
You forgot the classic choices of walk to Cleveland and swim to Hawaii.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KDS
Came through DEN this morning. I must say, it has to have been one of the quietest travels through this checkpoint I've seen in many years. No yelling by TSOs at the pax to remove items, etc. No idle chit-chat by the "magic pen" (sorry, at DEN, it's magic ink stamper) TSOs. Just lines of people moving through the area.

I did notice that over 50% of the people going through the MMWs had to have secondary patdowns...pretty normal failure rate to what I see at other airports.

I did notice that a female with about 1/2-inch of close-cropped, curly hair had her hair patted down after exiting the scanner. I still don't understand why that is done? A 1/2-inch hair length doesn't allow much opportunity to "conceal" anything in the hair.

And I did see a TSO patting down men coming out of one MMW. From my distance, I could not tell from body features if the TSO was male or female, but my initial impressions were female. Of course that could not possibly be so, cause TSA doesn't allow cross-gender patdowns, right?

Denver? That was just an anomaly.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:30 pm
KDS

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ScatterX
You forgot the classic choices of walk to Cleveland and swim to Hawaii.
DOH! Dumb me, how did I overlook those?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by pontifex
Like rub children's genitals and conspire to commit sexual assault!
I've never met LoganTSO, but my interactions with him on FT have me convinced that he's a good guy. He's not in the group that causes us such angst.

Next FT Do in Boston, we'll have to get him drunk and hear some of the good stuff.

Mike
Old May 8, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: TSA
What part is not enforced, not to be seen on the outside of the uniform, not to be used, or both? I am fairly certain thst I have observed both conditions.

Is this old or new policy and local or national?

Thanks for the answers.
From what I can gather, since the LAX shooting, cell phones are tolerated now, one of the issues that came out after the shooting was that because cell phone were not allowed, communication was inhibited.
Old May 8, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: TSA
With the FSD leaving DEN now for private security, speculation is high that this event with the groping had something to do with his departure.
Old May 8, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by eyecue
With the FSD leaving DEN now for private security, speculation is high that this event with the months-long conspiracy to commit sexual assault against innocent people had something to do with his departure.
Fixed it for you.

By the way, can you explain how what the sexual assault conspirators did to the passengers they abused is any different from what you do when you molest a passenger's genitals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.