Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA hassel / pulled out of line / false accusations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA hassel / pulled out of line / false accusations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dmanlv
the younger thin woman starts giving me crud about me not being a gentlemen
She was right in a way - the gentlemanly approach to dealing with crass behavior is to ignore it. If you can't do that, you bring yourself down to that same crass level.

Probably not smart on my part
Indeed. You didn't start the argument, but you certainly escalated it.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by BSBD
She was right in a way - the gentlemanly approach to dealing with crass behavior is to ignore it. If you can't do that, you bring yourself down to that same crass level.

Indeed. You didn't start the argument, but you certainly escalated it.
Once you lose the "high ground" it's virtually impossible to regain it no matter how right you are. Sometimes a hard lesson to learn.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:19 pm

The gate TSA lady sees the commission, and comes over and asks the women what's going on. The women tell the TSA that I "pushed" them out of the way, cut them in line, cursed at them, and threatened them.

No, you didn't do any of that, but you refused to bow down to their
false-propped authority, a serious crime in today's paranoid post-9/11
milieu. Next time please post their names; after all those badges are their for a reason and it makes justice easier to achieve when the guillotines arrive.

Last edited by yandosan; Apr 3, 2015 at 4:43 pm
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Paul56
I would not have allowed myself to have been baited
into an argument or altercation.

I would have ignored them and not said a word. They
could have created the scene on their own... and it
would be all on them.

Same as road rage... don't acknowledge or engage.
The problem is this would have likely escalated no matter what. For someone to approach a complete strange and start berating them for having the nerve to walk by them in a public place is a sign that something is not right up stairs. Odds are that if he had ignored them the "accusations" would have gotten worse. Firing a shot across her bow probably caught her off guard. The only positive is that some power tripping airport cop didn't show up, or things could have gotten much worse.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:29 pm

There's no "right" course of action here, unfortunately. I suspect that even if you'd just ignored her, she would have stood there rambling on about the horrible jerk in front of her who just HAD to get by, or whatever, until she succeeded into goading you into confrontation, annoyed someone in the vicinity enough that they started a confrontation (by telling her to shut up, probably), or you mercifully made it through the line and could get away.

Well, that said, maybe the right course of action would have been to save it till you got through security, and then invite her to perform an anatomical impossibility. I doubt the TSA would have cared at that point.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by dmanlv
*some deleted*

Probably not smart on my part, but that really set them off. Then the older huge woman gets in my face. Like literally nose to nose yelling at me to watch my tongue.

*more deleted*

The TSA supervisor (who looked to be 2 days out of high school) comes over, get an earful from the gate TSA person about what I am guilty of, and then he gets all tough with me standing right up against me with my back to the wall.

*still more deleted*

Finally, after getting an earful from him, he lets me go. But I had to go thru a private line just for me because "those women feel in fear of their lives".
Yes, of course, that's *exactly* what women "in fear of their lives" do--we get nose to nose with the person putting us "in fear of our lives" and yell at them! Especially in an area where we can seek assistance from the numerous "authorities" around us (or, presumably, real "gentlemen")!

Never mind any training the TSA gets, let alone training supervisors get, this fails basic tests of common sense. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
, minding my own business I get near the security area in a hallway that was very wide, probably 20' across. Two women, one in her 20s and a fat 300 pounder in her 50s, were on the floor on all fours with a suitcase open rummaging through it looking for something

Actually you jumped in front of them, and gave the fat 300 pound one the evil eye..

Great attitude, if you only had 20 inches to pass them, you sure put the squeeze on the fat one...

Not a positive approach...

How you think ,is everything...count yourself lucky..are you fresh out of school..a real woman would slap you silly...and teach you some manners..
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by satman40
, minding my own business I get near the security area in a hallway that was very wide, probably 20' across. Two women, one in her 20s and a fat 300 pounder in her 50s, were on the floor on all fours with a suitcase open rummaging through it looking for something

Actually you jumped in front of them, and gave the fat 300 pound one the evil eye..

Great attitude, if you only had 20 inches to pass them, you sure put the squeeze on the fat one...

How you think ,is everything...count yourself lucky..are you fresh out of school..a real woman would slap you silly...and teach you some manners..
What in the heck are you talking about?!?

20 feet.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Well, depends on how much time you had....

But Id have escalated. Ive done so at LAX in other circumstances.

Demand they call law enforcement OR they can screen you. Period.

First TSA chick was wrong. In retrospect there is plenty you could have done, but I prollyw wouldnt have done much different until the TSA chick started abusing me. Then again I am a white business man.

"If you have observed me doing something wrong, lets get an LEO over here - otherwise Im going to ask they you proceed with screening."

When I did get into a confrontation I had 3 hrs to spare. Didnt need it.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by satman40

I am a woman and 61. I would have said "excuse me I need to pass".
They should not have opened suitcases like that. They should have gone to the side much more. They were rude.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:22 pm

Given the attitudes displayed by the OP in their posting they were lucky it didn't escalate further.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Don't engage people like that. No matter what. If they keep on engaging, then you bring it to the Officer's attention and ask that she call a cop or deal with it as she chooses.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:01 pm

I think the OP needs lessons in manners and spelling.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Was it nice to call the lady a fat tub? No. Was it right for them to be blocking the way? No. Was it right for them to lie about the OP getting physical with them? Definite no.

If someone is blocking my way in a manner that has nothing to do with the task at hand (going through security), I'm going to go around them. I'll probably ask first, but I'm not going to sit around and wait for them to be done.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
Since you normally need that other F to have a family environment, why isn't it suitable for one?
Ha - excellent point! made my day… LOL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.