Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

TSA: you objected instead of answering our questions, so you had no right to speak

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA: you objected instead of answering our questions, so you had no right to speak

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
You'd expect the TSA, the accused, to respond that Sai acted in any different manner?

As for the video:
As for the video, I'm not sure why the OP feels the need to "cut" the video. OP, what are you trying to hide from us? I'd like to see the full, unedited CCTV footage.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by fpc552
Reading the TSA response you linked to, it sounds like you were kinda being a dick about the whole thing rather than complying with the screening process to the best of your ability.

How about posting the CCTV footage so we can judge for ourselves?
That struck me, too. Where's the (unedited) video?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That struck me, too. Where's the (unedited) video?
Saizai, would be most helpful to have the unedited video posted, with comments like "look at X:XX, when they did XYZ, look at Y:YY, when ABC happened."
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:11 am

OP, why should any of us care about this? You've filed a lawsuit because you were subjected to secondary and you don't think it was fair? Get out. (1) anyone can be selected for secondary, at any time. Secondary isn't being arrested, or an unreasonable search, you take on the risk of secondary when you decide to fly, so what remedy to you think the courts should award you to make you whole from the experience of going through secondary? (2) You're asking us to support you by donating to your legal fund? For what? You aren't asking us to support you to stay out of prison, or to defend you from a liability you can't afford. If you are awarded damages (or even attorney fees), are you going use that award to pay back those who donate to you?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:22 am

OP, why should any of us care about this? You've filed a lawsuit because you were subjected to secondary and you don't think it was fair? Get out. (1) anyone can be selected for secondary, at any time. Secondary isn't being arrested, or an unreasonable search, you take on the risk of secondary when you decide to fly, so what remedy to you think the courts should award you to make you whole from the experience of going through secondary? (2) You're asking us to support you by donating to your legal fund? For what? You aren't asking us to support you to stay out of prison, or to defend you from a liability you can't afford. If you are awarded damages (or even attorney fees), are you going use that award to pay back those who donate to you?
Oh, the compassion. Hopefully, you will never need to transit as TSA checkpoint while disabled. Sai is standing up for all the disabled who are violated every day by the TSA.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Oh, the compassion. Hopefully, you will never need to transit as TSA checkpoint while disabled. Sai is standing up for all the disabled who are violated every day by the TSA.
Those same disabled whose voices, when they can speak, are ignored anyway.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
Those same disabled whose voices, when they can speak, are ignored anyway.
Does that mean the war is lost and this battle is not worth fighting?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
As for the video, I'm not sure why the OP feels the need to "cut" the video. OP, what are you trying to hide from us? I'd like to see the full, unedited CCTV footage.
Or, if they gave him 8 hrs of footage, I'd be appreciative if he trimmed out the non-pertinent 7hrs and 55 mins. Otherwise, yes, it should be unedited.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by petaluma1
Secondary screening is not being "violated ... by the TSA." It is part of flying. If you don't want to run the risk of secondary, don't fly. If you don't want primary, don't fly. If you don't want to be AIT scanned, but don't want a pat-down, don't fly. We can have a discussion about whether these techniques are effective, and whether the policies are appropriate, but they are the policies, and as far as I can tell, the OP is mad that they were subjected to secondary for what they think is an unfair reason. As far as I'm concerned, there is no unfair reason for secondary, you roll the dice at every checkpoint. If you act suspicious, or don't cooperate, you increase your chances of secondary.

Sometimes, I wish everyone got subjected to secondary so we could end this pontification. In the words of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, "You are all equally worthless in my eyes." And yes, I've been on the receiving end of plenty of secondary screenings. I would have preferred not to, but I cooperated and the experience was brief and uneventful.

The OPs disability may be a protected class, but uncooperative and unpleasant isn't a protected class. I'd use stronger terms, but the OP has already demonstrated their litigious nature and I don't want to be named in a libel suit. Being in a protected class doesn't protect you from inconvenience, it just means you have to be treated the same as everyone else, and reasonable accommodation must be made. "I shouldn't have to be subjected to secondary" isn't a reasonable accommodation.

The OP is asking me send money. We should all be skeptical.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Does that mean the war is lost and this battle is not worth fighting?
I bend over backwards to avoid confrontation or giving offense.

They took my nitro pills away and threatened me. Now every time I fly, my stress levels are through the roof because I can't carry my pills. You know, all the signs of stress that make me suspicious in the eyes of the BDOs.

My life is literally on the line every time I fly, thanks to TSA. I fight that battle every time I fly. If there's a casualty, it will be me, not some TSO who is allowed to carry his/her pills on the job with impunity.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They took my nitro pills away and threatened me. Now every time I fly, my stress levels are through the roof because I can't carry my pills. You know, all the signs of stress that make me suspicious in the eyes of the BDOs.

My life is literally on the line every time I fly, thanks to TSA. I fight that battle every time I fly. If there's a casualty, it will be me, not some TSO who is allowed to carry his/her pills on the job with impunity.
According to TSA's Blogger Bob you can take your Nitro Pills when you fly.

If I were you I would do exactly that and force the issue. There is absolutely no reason to not travel with Life Saving medicines. You know, I know, and TSA knows that Medical Nitroglycerin medicines are not and cannot be made into an explosive.

This is one of those times when standing up for your rights is worth confrontation even if that means taking TSA to court to enforce your right to travel safely.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
According to TSA's Blogger Bob you can take your Nitro Pills when you fly.

If I were you I would do exactly that and force the issue. There is absolutely no reason to not travel with Life Saving medicines. You know, I know, and TSA knows that Medical Nitroglycerin medicines are not and cannot be made into an explosive.

This is one of those times when standing up for your rights is worth confrontation even if that means taking TSA to court to enforce your right to travel safely.
I haven't seen Blogger Bob say that.

That said, the blog is not binding at the checkpoint. Nor is the website, for that matter, but at least it means they can't accuse me of 'artful concealment'. The website is not binding, it is still up to screener discretion. I was threatened and warned when it happened, report submitted, etc.

I'm not a soldier, others will have to fight this battle. I'd probably go into cardiac arrest at the checkpoint and they'd deny me the very pills they were holding in their blue-gloved hands while calling the LEs to report an attempted suicide attack.

No, Boggie, if someone else wants to fight to try to improve the organization, I will cheer them on. I literally put my life on the line, that's as far as I'm going to go.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry

That said, the blog is not binding at the checkpoint. Nor is the website, for that matter, but at least it means they can't accuse me of 'artful concealment'. The website is not binding, it is still up to screener discretion. I was threatened and warned when it happened, report submitted, etc.

I'm not a soldier, others will have to fight this battle. I'd probably go into cardiac arrest at the checkpoint and they'd deny me the very pills they were holding in their blue-gloved hands while calling the LEs to report an attempted suicide attack.

No, Boggie, if someone else wants to fight to try to improve the organization, I will cheer them on. I literally put my life on the line, that's as far as I'm going to go.
I have to ask.....how did TSA question your meds? Again I may be one of those clueless lucky people who just cruise through life but I fly frequently and have never ever had TSA even give my meds a second glance.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everything is up to the screeners discretion.

However, for a screener to deny a medicine that is not excessive, is not a LGA, and is not WEI is something that can be fought against. And so what if the screener from the first incident made a report? That report would be in your favor if this got attention outside of TSA.

I encourage you to stand up for your rights. Start by contacting your elected representatives and asking for assistance.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
As far as I'm concerned, there is no unfair reason for secondary, you roll the dice at every checkpoint. If you act suspicious, or don't cooperate, you increase your chances of secondary.
Yup, FWB is a great reason for someone to get secondary. So is pointing out when the officer failed to follow policy. Or if you ask for a complaint card. Or because they feel like it.

Sometimes, I wish everyone got subjected to secondary so we could end this pontification. In the words of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, "You are all equally worthless in my eyes." And yes, I've been on the receiving end of plenty of secondary screenings. I would have preferred not to, but I cooperated and the experience was brief and uneventful.
Me too. If enough Congress-critters got it, they'd put an end to the TSA already.

You're better off that way. If you didn't, they'd probably bend you over forward.

Originally Posted by Randyk47
I have to ask.....how did TSA question your meds? Again I may be one of those clueless lucky people who just cruise through life but I fly frequently and have never ever had TSA even give my meds a second glance.
Chollie could give you a better answer, but I believe that Nitro pills would set off the hand swipes.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.