TSA Ramps Up Searches at Airports

Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:54 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Noticed nothing different at SFO (Jan, 16) and at JFK (Jan 17) and on this trip I had a 10 ounce tube of prescription cream which I forgot to take out of my carry-on and "declare" at both airports and not a comment was made by the TSO operating the x-ray machine
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by goalie
Noticed nothing different at SFO (Jan, 16) and at JFK (Jan 17) and on this trip I had a 10 ounce tube of prescription cream which I forgot to take out of my carry-on and "declare" at both airports and not a comment was made by the TSO operating the x-ray machine
I've actually never seen gate searches at SFO.

That's a good thing. SFO is, however, the only airport where I have seen screeners (in uniform, not TSA, of course) trying to monitor carry-on size.

Vive la difference!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Didn't notice anything special at MCI, CLT, or GSO over the last few days. In fact, GSO was sending everybody through PreCheck today...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Didn't notice anything special at MCI, CLT, or GSO over the last few days. In fact, GSO was sending everybody through PreCheck today...
Oh, wow! I didn't go through PreCheck at LAX. What happened to it? They didn't put on KTN on my BP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.