Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Border Patrol sued for harassing at Arivaca checkpoint

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ment/70021978/

You can't be harassment on those 2 US Citizen. You have stop harassing with those people. There is no reason to taking a pictures and there is no threat. You can't be bugging with those people at Arivaca checkpoint. Leave the people alone! No more pictures. No more asking a questions about who came in US illegally. They don't have any problem at all. You had respect that and they had it right to kept the privacy.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:09 pm

long overdue
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:06 am

I really wish I sued the the officer at Buffalo check point. I really wish I exercised my rights and challenged the officer. I, my wife and our 6 months old were harassed for 15 to 20 mins only because the officer thinks we didn't deserve to be US citizens & we were stupid. I have never been anywhere else grilled on how & why I first came to this country and over our names.
I filed complaint with my Congresswoman but the GOV rejected saying" we were treated with out most respect and with courtesy and found nothing wrong".
I filed complaint for being disrespectful, harassment and treating us as 2nd class citizens.
I always had lots of respect to all law enforcement officers but that incident left me in tears!

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Nov 25, 2014 at 2:13 am
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:43 am

I wish I had filed - I was just so happy to get back to my home, my dog, my job, with my son..

3 Jumbos landed at once - huge line at CBP - finally get to the front, get my passport and green card thrown back at me (fell on the floor) and a B put on the customs declaration.

Try to get out - and get sent to a small room with 50 - 100 other people. No ones telling anyone anything, no instructions, nada.

3 hrs later after watching this one poor woman get called up and sent to sit down repeatedly (with 2 small children) I get called up.

(History time - when I found out my ex was cheating, I printed out the emails, and smacked him with them - he had me arrested, I was never charged - or held, in fact I was given the house and the children the same day, and he was told to move out)

Back to IAD - a kid, who barely spoke english accused me of assault, and said he could deny me entry, and he said this over and over... (it was about 4 am UK time by now) and I sat there in tears and said "Fine, send me back" and my 22 year old son went nuts and told him No, No, NO - then after he had totally wiped me out, he said "ok you can go"

Seriously - THATS IT? No Sorry for the delay, Sorry I verbally abused you? No Sorry, for treating you like something that crawled out from under a rock?

It happened 15 years ago! My ex never gets into trouble for kidnapping the children...

Can we say Double Standard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.